Crown Bay to Red Hook Ferry

khank

Our ship is docking at Crown Bay and we are planning to go to St. John for the day. About how long is the taxi ride from Crown Bay to the Red Hook Ferry and what is the cost? All the info I've found is from Havensight. Thanks in advance for the help!

Karen

Depending on traffic it will be about 40 to 45 minutes and cost about $12 per person each way. The return trip can take much longer due to heavy traffic in the late afternoon. It is hard to predict and also depends on the number of ships in port the day you are there.

Our ship is docking at Crown Bay and we are planning to go to St. John for the day. About how long is the taxi ride from Crown Bay to the Red Hook Ferry and what is the cost? All the info I've found is from Havensight. Thanks in advance for the help!

Karen

Wow, I was just going to post this thread and lo and behold, you beat me to it.

Okay, we got an answer so here's another question. Being that it's a longer ride to Red Hook from Crown Bay, might it be better to take a ferry from Charlotte Amelie?

I know the schedule is more limited.

Wow, I was just going to post this thread and lo and behold, you beat me to it.

Okay, we got an answer so here's another question. Being that it's a longer ride to Red Hook from Crown Bay, might it be better to take a ferry from Charlotte Amelie?

I know the schedule is more limited.

The time to St. John itself is about the same either way, though it might be about 15 minutes longer if you take the ferry from Charlotte Amalie.

Thanks for the info. So our ship is in port from 9:00 - 6:00. I'm hoping to be one of the first off the ship and make the 10:00 ferry. For our return, I'm thinking we should plan for the 3:00 ferry just to be safe. Does this seem reasonable?

You should be fine with that schedule, but you might not make the 9:00 ferry, depending on how long it takes you to get off the ship. That early in the day you should make it to Red Hook in no more than 30 minutes if your driver goes straight there. It is a bit easier to get a cab from Crown Bay than at Havensight because there are not as many ships there.

Archived