destiny Thanksgiving 2011

Mishelle

I was on the Destiny for Thanksgiving. I want to know what is up the the dining room staff. We were 14 people and at 3 different tables (i understood that we were a big group) we had 2 different waiters. Ours was so rude that my brother had to complain and they finally gave us all the same waiter and the rest of the cruise was so much better. But we also one day went to lunch in the dining room and we also had rude wait staff. It was like we were bothering them to do their job. Our room steward was great and we had 4 rooms in a row and it was so nice to have that super large balacony. I did call carnival when i got home to let them know how upset I was about the dining room and was bascially told what do you expect durning a holiday. Truthfully if I am not going to get the same service as all the other time then dont charge me more money cause it is a holilday. and i know it was not just us because people all over the ship and a couple on our flight home also said how rude they were. Michelle

Sorry you had bad luck and drew crappy waiters. We were walking off the ship the day you got on. We were pretty lucky and had great service from our waiters and Maitre-D'. Were you in the Galaxy (forward) or Universe (aft) dining room?

We were Galaxy 3rd floor near the center of the room.

I was on the same cruise and I talked with my fellow passengers and have heard the same comments.

I think most of the crew were very good. Out of them all, only 3 people were considered by me either a little rude or otherwise unsatisfactory. One was the anytime dining room receptionist (is that the title?) who gave out buzzers. One was a tea time waiter. One was the FCC guy who was not rude per se, just not forthcoming with information. My room stewards were also wonderful.

So far on all my cruises I have left auto tips unaltered and added a little extra to room stewards. And we did the same this time. To be honest I have never found any waiters or waitresses (not just Destiny, or Carnival) deserve extra tips.

Archived