May 29th West Med shore excursions

Am taking the Silversea cruise and would like some advise:

Am doing the Pompeii shore excursion for $89pp.

Am confused about the rest of the ports, the excursions are around $120per person but don't seem all that interesting (olive oil and wine tasting for $140 seems a bit high). For the Livorno, Portofino and St. Tropez ports - is it easy to find your own things to do or should I book the excusrions to get the most out of the experience?

Hello,

My husband and I will be docking in Livorno on June 2 on the Brilliance of the Seas. Would your group be interested in sharing a private guide to Florence and Pisa with us and possibly another couple?The more people we have in the group the less expensive it will be. Let me know if you might be interested and I can pass along all of the info that I have so far. Thanks. Emilie

We are still working out the details but may be interested in a joint excursion, how many people are in your group? There are only 2 of us - couple ages 30 & 35 from California...please send any information you have gathered!

Am taking the Silversea cruise and would like some advise:

Am doing the Pompeii shore excursion for $89pp.

Am confused about the rest of the ports, the excursions are around $120per person but don't seem all that interesting (olive oil and wine tasting for $140 seems a bit high). For the Livorno, Portofino and St. Tropez ports - is it easy to find your own things to do or should I book the excusrions to get the most out of the experience?

Silversea's do very nice excursions,and I find them to be reasonably priced for what you get.Since the ships are smaller there are not as many people,and they sometimes offer things the bigger ships just cannot do.We have sailed on SS and have done some of the tours and are sailing again on them and will do the same,but I have learned to read all I can re the ports and what is offered before signing up.The Pompeii tour I am sure will be a good one for you ( it will be HOT)and it is reasonable although I am sure other's will say yoy can do it cheaper.We were in Italy last year for 3 weeks and did it from Rome,and it was not as nice as the SS will be I am sure.Portorfino can be done on your own,and you can get a ferry right there to S.Margehrita which is much larger and more to do.The shops close for 3 hours for lunch..FYI.St.Tropez you probably can do on your own,but it depends what SS offers to see in the area.Livorno would be the port fot Florence,and you may want to check out what they offer..I am sure it will be done very nicel. Or you could just go in,either on the train or if SS offers a drop off point, on your own and wander around depnding what your interests are.Make sure to check out the marketplace,and know your prices before hitting any shop on Ponte Vecchio.I am sure you will have a wonderful cruise no matter what you do.

I would be happy to forward all the info that I have gathered from private guides so far. It is just my husband and myself (mid 20's) from Florida. However, we have met 2 other couples (both early 30's) on Cruise Critic who are possibly interested in the private tour. With potentially 8 of us all together, we good get a much more reseasonably priced private guide than the big charter bus ship tour. Please email me at emiliegdr@yahoo.com if you would like me to forward on to you the info that I have received from private guides. Looking forward to speaking with you! Emilie

Archived