Vancouver Stay and Park questions

pooh/tigger

Spent today reading thru the site so if I missed the answers, please forgive.

Going to drive up the night before. Was thinking of doing a hotel in downtown but then wondered if doing something out by the airport would be better.

Safe to assume not many stay and parks in downtown? If I missed the list of downtown hotels that do this, please link me. Thank you so much.

What are some of the better stay and parks by the airport? Driving time on a weekday late morning to the terminal from airport area? Any websites that would give us an idea of taxi fare from airport hotels to terminal?

Or would it be better to just get a airport or surrounding area hotel and park at the Terminal parking lot??

Finally, if parking at the terminal parking lot (or downtown hotels), is it difficult to get out of town as everyone gets off the ship since it happens just as people are going in to work??

Thanks for your time to answer and help us.:eek:

Downtown Vancouver has very few Stay & Park options, basically there are two. One being the Best Western Downtown, on Drake St. and the other is the Coast Plaza Hotel which is really in Vancouver's West End and really not part of the downtown core. The third option that I am aware of is Accent Inns that operate two motor inn properties, one in Richmond out by the airport and the other just east of Vancouver in Burnaby.

http://www.bestwesterndowntown.com/hotel-vancouver-park-and-sail.html

http://www.coasthotels.com/hotels/canada/bc/vancouver/coast_plaza/overview

http://www.accentinns.com/

What are some of the better stay and parks by the airport? I am not familiar with P&S out in Richmond by the airport other than the Accent Inn, however I believe that some of the "flag" inns may offer it, it would be a matter of doing some checking.Driving time on a weekday late morning to the terminal from airport area? If you are staying at a P&S I am not sure why you would be driving into downtown but at about 10 am plan about 30 mins +/_. Any websites that would give us an idea of taxi fare from airport hotels to terminal? Taxi fare will run you about $35 from airport area hotels to downtown you; you could take the Canada Line in to Waterfront Station which is about 2 blocks from Canada Place for $8.75 pp Canadian funds only.

Or would it be better to just get a airport or surrounding area hotel and park at the Terminal parking lot?? Parking at Canada Place ran $23 per day last season and you are going to find that parking at downtown hotels is going to run about the same rate. Left to me, I would take the Best Western-Downtown P&S package and see a bit of Vancouver before my cruise.

Finally, if parking at the terminal parking lot (or downtown hotels), is it difficult to get out of town as everyone gets off the ship since it happens just as people are going in to work?? You won't have are problem getting out of the city as for the most part you are going against the morning commute and it will be winding down by about 8:00/9:00 am.

Thanks for your time to answer and help us.:eek:

Good luck in your decision making.

What are some of the better stay and parks by the airport? Driving time on a weekday late morning to the terminal from airport area? Any websites that would give us an idea of taxi fare from airport hotels to terminal?

Another poster misposted the price of Skytrain from the airport area to downtown, it's $3.75/ea from the Richmond area (not 8.75 -- which only applies from the airport itself)

No mispost at all, assumed a shuttle back to airport.

Now, while in a corrective mood, there are concession fares on weekends and holidays, after 6:30 pm and for persons over 65 which can reduce your fare to as low $1.75 to which the airport "convenience" fee of $5.00 is added if boarding Canada Line at airport. The "convince fee" is only paid from airport and not on the return.

Thank you so much for the information. Will go to checking them out right now.

Our cruise is a mid-week so no weekend worries.

Looking at parking, one hotel I contacted to see if they had a P and F, sent me an application to park at Vinci parking??

That is new but made me smile. Love new twists and turns.

They said this lot is the best place for parking?? T/F?

VINCI huge international operator of parking lots and the second largest in Canada. They operate a number of lots in Vancouver including the parkade at Canada Place. If the application, which I believe is a reservation request, is for Canada Place then you are not going to get closer to the pier. I am not aware of any VINCI coupons but you could always do a search.

Archived