Carnival Wedding Cakes

pinkchucks

Hey Ladies,

I'm curious to know how Carnival handles ordering your wedding cake.

I've seen a few cakes with ribbons around them...

I've heard that we need to bring our own cake topper, but haven't heard about what options we have with regards to design...

Thanks for more info!

As I understand it, it is plain white, and there really aren't any other options. You get to pick chocolate, butter/vanilla or mixed layers cake with chocolate, vanilla or strawberry filling, but the outside is standard.

Here are some pics I found using google images:

232323232%7Ffp539%3B5%3Enu%3D63%3B6%3E%3A4%3A%3E253%3EWSNRCG%3D33869%3A5%3A58344nu0mrj

photo.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRY6FdM05GnZ1gSnyr-5imKbFMZPAH326i-6lMRQ9ChePq_k9m5Dw

I'm guessing the variation in detailing is due to different chefs on different ships.

I'm also planning my wedding and after asking many questions to carnival and also looking at posts on here I found out they can make changes to the cake sometimes for no cost at all. If you want ribbon on the cake just bring it with you and one of your guests can wrap it around the cake. Also they can change the piping detail if you send them a picture of what you want if its not too difficult they will do it for free. Hope this helps :) Also any flowers you want to add you have to bring.

I sent my cake design to the Carnival coordinator who sent it to the chef and then brought my own topper and ribbon on board. I gave that stuff to the coordinators for the wedding with a photo and they set it up.

Here's my review with photos of the cake.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1446244

I sent my cake design to the Carnival coordinator who sent it to the chef and then brought my own topper and ribbon on board. I gave that stuff to the coordinators for the wedding with a photo and they set it up.

Here's my review with photos of the cake.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1446244

Wow I didn't know you could do this! Thanks for the info - your cake looked great and your wedding photos were beautiful :)

• 1 year later...
Wow I didn't know you could do this! Thanks for the info - your cake looked great and your wedding photos were beautiful :)

I know the post is old, and you're comming up on your first wedding anniversary, but how did it go? did you get everything you requested? any pictures/reviews? congratulations!!

Archived