Capnpugwash is going to the Caribbean for Christmas 2011 on P&O’s Arcadia.

capnpugwash

Dear Capn Pugwash,

I have read with interest your comprehensive report on the Christmas and New Year trip. I was on this trip as well and have to say I agree with a lot of your comments. For me, my 14th cruise on 6 different cruise lines, I was very disappointed in the food on Arcadia. I know that food is very subjective and what suits one person will not suit another. I personally found it quite bland and had no Wow factor that you get on other lines. I did eat in the MPW on two occasions and that is the type of food I would have expected in the MDR every night. My second visit I was disappointed. Just my thoughts. I also ate in the Asian restaurant as well and wasn't exactly overwhelmed by it.

I was also disappointed in the standard of entertainment, as you said. The only thing that I thought was very good was the lecture by Sally Kettle about rowing the Atlantic. I notice you didn't go to that. She was very interesting. I also realise that it is probably very difficult to get top stars to work over Christmas.

The cabins I thought were good and I certainly still enjoyed my cruise, but it did fall short of my expectations. I worked as air cabin crew for nearly 42 years so know a lot about customer service and presentation of food etc, etc.

I notice that you have only cruised on P & O and Cunard but you do have a cruise booked with Celebrity Eclipse. I look forward to your report on that ship, as I cruised on her just four weeks before Arcadia. I think you will probably be very pleasantly surprised.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a detailed report. I am not trying to be negative just my thoughts. My cabin steward and other staff I thought were very friendly and tried very hard.

Regards

Patricia

I don't think that it is difficult to get entertainers at all to be honest, I think that it is difficult to get them parhaps at the fees that P&O offer. The staff/crew are wonderful and I thought that the food was patchy at best. V disappointed with MPW although others had good food but also thought that it lacked something atmosphere wise. Btw I have been on Fred Olsen and RCCI so whilst that is only 4, it is a fair selection. Am looking forward to Celebrity though.

we r onboard and having the best time of any of the 7 previous cruises we have done !! having read all the comments we were dreading it but IMO the food is varied abd great we have a veggie on a table and she is delighted with the choices !! entertainment varied and fantastic performance from peter piper last night have never seen a crowd in so much laughter he did an extra 15 mins!!! cabin with balcony great on A deck cabin attendant excellent and all staff polite and curteous and very attentive its a delight!! spoke with cruise director who we had previously on ventura explained all the complaints he on only joined in southampton along with some new crew and entertainers perhaps we are blessed but i think we also have less people looking for the moaners!!!

We are having a ball and the spanish classes are excellent maybe i will try the quiz and the dancing when i get time but also got the football to watch and a new show to fit in along with another 5 course dinner !! some one has to do it come and join us if you can Arcadia is fine we even have royal marines on board although i dont think they are for entertainment!!!

Adios Amigos hasta manana (need to practice that)!!!!!!

Archived