new to azamara

suffolkboy

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. We have been on both ships, and have just booked a 3rd cruise for this winter. Everything is great. Food in the dining room is very good, the only reason I may go to the specialty restaurants is it's a bit quieter and more intimate. Wine is very good and free flowing, selection changes daily. Entertainment is very good, although there is just one showing per night, not necessary to have two shows because the boat is smaller and doesn't have the large numbers of people that would necessitate two showings. Entertainment is more subdued than on some other ships we've been on but we're not late night drinkers/partyers. Accommodations, public areas are all top notch. You will see a lot of the Senior Staff out on decks greeting you back on board after excursions and hosting events. I wouldn't hesitate recommending Azamara to any of my friends/family. I am sure you will have a great time.

I just posted a reply to "Weebo" on the main page, regarding "questions" about Azamara. I would appreciate it if you took a peek at it. We booked a 12D eastern Mediterranean cruise with them in the Fall 2010. It was our first cruise, I was impressed with the on line reviews, more than impressed with the no tipping policy, and I liked the catchy name, so I dove into the unknown with bundles of hundreds of dollars in my hot little fists. :eek:

My answer to your question is a simple, YES. It is indeed as good as it sounds. Of course, the proper answer really depends on what you like to do. If you are into screaming kids, rock wall climbing, a new stage show every night, miles of boutique shopping for stuff you really don't need, a 6000 passenger floating strip mall sailing to exotic resorts like Miami or the Bahamas, you probably are not going to like them, and you will be spending a lot of hard earned cash to learn that lesson.

I loved the line because of the ship size, meeting a number of people here on roll call, which helped a great deal, the food was excellent everywhere (except for one evening of "beef stroganoff". I think the chef who created that "masterpiece" was keelhauled, and rightly so. A more ghastly meal I have never eaten.) Wine comes with meals, and it is of very good quality. Room supplies/bedding, etc were excellent. My only complaint about the line is the size of the toilets in the room. Roughly 25% larger than the toilets in an airplane so showering can be a challenge, but it is doable.

In the coming months, I will be booking their 11N cruise out of Copenhagen to Iceland and back in 2013. I just cannot imagine wanting to sail with anyone else, based on their on board service, their ports, and their pricing. They offer quality and yes, elegance, at every level. So enjoy.

Dr H

Archived