Roll Call Thread.... MIA

jenale80

I have posted a Roll Call thread for The Triumph for 8/18/12, twice, and both threads have been deleted???? I noticed someone else had posted a thread for the same date.... but their thread has been deleted as well. So now there is no Roll Call thread for the 8/18/12 cruise date. I want to post again, but wonder if I should even bother?

I have posted a Roll Call thread for The Triumph for 8/18/12, twice, and both threads have been deleted???? I noticed someone else had posted a thread for the same date.... but their thread has been deleted as well. So now there is no Roll Call thread for the 8/18/12 cruise date. I want to post again, but wonder if I should even bother?

I see it right here..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1517983

I just went through the Triumph Roll Call section 3 times looking for it and did not see it listed :confused: I only saw about a page and a half of threads :confused:

I also tried to do a search for the date and it pulled up nothing :confused:

I'll check it out again.

Thanks!

How did you go about finding the thread? When I go to Carnival Roll Calls, then Carnival Triumph and look for my title I don't see it.

Here is the other one..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1489781

go to the bottom of the page.. on the left hand side and make sure you have your display options set to show last post time.. descending and last year...

hope that will work for you;)

Hi Jena!! A moderator told me how to set up my preferences but I don't remember which selection it's under... anyway maybe someone will help out... it is preset so that you can only see threads that have had activity in the last 30 days, after that they are still there, you just can't see them...

I'll keep looking and let you know when I find it.

Dana

go to the bottom of the page.. on the left hand side and make sure you have your display options set to show last post time.. descending and last year...

hope that will work for you;)

Hi Jena!! A moderator told me how to set up my preferences but I don't remember which selection it's under... anyway maybe someone will help out... it is preset so that you can only see threads that have had activity in the last 30 days, after that they are still there, you just can't see them...

I'll keep looking and let you know when I find it.

Dana

I explained it in my post above..;)

KruznKel thanks for the info, but I'm still lost. I looked on several different pages on the lower left section to see where those options where, but

I am lost and obviously still such a noob at this site.

Dana, HI! Thanks for trying to help me out.... at least that explains why I don't see the thread there. Too bad no one else has joined my roll call to keep it busy and at the top of the Triumph Roll Call page :D. You guys still have plenty of time to join my roll call....lol ;)

Kruznkel... I read your post and on my screen, bottom left hand side is the "Posting rule" box, didn't find what you described. I'm sure there is more than one way to remedy this situation but just found my notes on the way the moderator instructed me...

go to User CP, first link on the yellow bar, then scroll down to the 3rd box, first is login and privacy, then messaging and notification, then you should see Thread Display Options and the fourth subtitle is Default Thread Age Cut off, use the drop down and scroll to the bottom and select Show All Threads, then you will be able to see the threads even if no one posts for a while :)

Kruznkel... I read your post and on my screen, bottom left hand side is the "Posting rule" box, didn't find what you described. I'm sure there is more than one way to remedy this situation but just found my notes on the way the moderator instructed me...

go to User CP, first link on the yellow bar, then scroll down to the 3rd box, first is login and privacy, then messaging and notification, then you should see Thread Display Options and the fourth subtitle is Default Thread Age Cut off, use the drop down and scroll to the bottom and select Show All Threads, then you will be able to see the threads even if no one posts for a while :)

Strange why you can't see it.. maybe you have to set it up on the user CP 1st.. dunno.. mine has always been there.. well hopefully she can get it to work with your way.. but that is the reason why some show up and some dont... ;)

Merry Christmas to you both:)

Jena, so sorry but I didn't copy and paste the enitre thing, my bad, after you click on User CP, go to Edit Posts, under the 2nd or 3rd heading in the boxes on the left hand side one of the selections is EDIT POSTS, then that will take you to the place where my instructions begin :)

Strange why you can't see it.. maybe you have to set it up on the user CP 1st.. dunno.. mine has always been there.. well hopefully she can get it to work with your way.. but that is the reason why some show up and some dont... ;)

Merry Christmas to you both:)

You cant see it when you are within a post reading/responding to a thread. You have to be on the open page.

Archived