Can you walk to 7 mile beach from the port?

Middle Aged and Happy

We posted a similar question on our roll call as we had a similar idea of walking to SMB and the replies were fairly similar to replies above.

However, we did end up walking part/most of the way just to check out the walk during our visit a week & a bit back. We made it just past the Lobster Pot (Google map it) before we hopped onto a bus to take us to Hell. This is because we weren't sure how much further it was (it actually wasn't too much further from the southern end of the beach).

[We actually walked most of the other half on the way back, getting back on the street from the beach between the Marriott and Comfort Suites and walking to the KFC(?) before catching the a bus the rest of the way (started getting uncomfortably close to our last tender time).]

Found the roads busy to moderately busy depending on the stretch. Got very busy north of where Church and Eastern merge into Bay. Parts on Church Street don't have sidewalks so you're occasionally walking on a thin shoulder. Wasn't too concerned about safety though. Saw a decent handful of people walk it though. [see attachment]

It's a moderately long walk. Shade is limited along the way so it's hot. There's also not a lot to see along the way. I remember seeing a tshirt shop, artisan glass shop, a Burger King, and a few viewpoints (eg. shots of the ship, people snorkeling, etc).

If you do walk it, I recommend walking with traffic (at least once you get to Bay Rd since it's difficult to cross; though you'd be pretty much there) so you can easily hop on a mini-bus if you desire. The bus drivers look out for potential passengers and they'll pick you up at non-bus stops. They come by frequently too.

BTW: Just as a price reference point, I was checking my pix and see a shot for Tiki Beach where you can rent a wave runner for $60 for a single and $75 for a double for half an hour. (I'm guessing it's in USD.)

819914115_WalktoSMB.jpg.d1bb053896ce2a40db1b444cc93ac05b.jpg

Archived