Advice needed for a Feb cruise please

johnepdep

We have done the Canaries but all the trips were later in the year. The weather was okay T shirt light Jumper, Sorry to say the worst bit was passing the Bay of Biscay, 1st time okay 2nd time 10 Hours off course couldn't do Maderia as the Ship needs to Cruise at a good rate of knots to get there. You might have a good sail past so don't let it worry you. I hope you do and have an enjoyable Cruise,

Me and my wife are going on the Ind of the Seas to the Canaries on Feb 2nd. We have been on a few summer cruises but not early ones. Could anyone give advice or tips on the best clothes to pack. Is it cold in the islands in Feb?

Hi

My husband and I are doing this cruise too, and I was wondering the same thing. I was thinking it would get warmer as we travel towards the Canaries. So I was thinking of packing a mixture of Light Jumpers and T shirts. Have you and your wife joined up to Meet & Mingle ? we have as this is our first cruise with RC we thought it was a good away to get to know people and find out more about what's going on.

We are going on the Canaries cruise in April.. all be a little later then you but we are expecting the same sort of weather. I would suggest t shirts and light jumpers for that time. Just Google the weather for the destinations you are going to and see what it's like then just pack accordingly.

I know that lots of people go there over the winter as it can still get to about 21C in December.

CK x

• 2 weeks later...
Me and my wife are going on the Ind of the Seas to the Canaries on Feb 2nd. We have been on a few summer cruises but not early ones. Could anyone give advice or tips on the best clothes to pack. Is it cold in the islands in Feb?

Normally no, but February is the wettest month. However, it will probably be as warm, if not warmer, than a British summer, so whatever you wear in the summer at home plus a cardi/light sweatshirt and a raincoat/umbrella just in case. It will probably be cold if you go up Mt Teide (Tenerife) as there is often snow in the winter months.

Just returned from said cruise and tempretures ranged from 11deg Vigo,up to about 20deg in the 3 canary stops so was a mixture plus did actually have rain in La coruna, i would have though the canaries would actually be warmer for your trip but take a jacket /jumper for the other ports (better safe than sorry)

Archived