Late Boarding for RCCL??

dirvin0500

I've heard that RCCL won't allow boarding until around 2:00 pm versus the 11:30 or so that we've been allowed to board in the past. Anyone heard or experienced this. Our itinerary says we're supposed to be back at San Juan at 8:00.

We scheduled on the 12 Feb 12 Adventure of the Seas sailing.

Thanks for any info....

My travelling companion printed her documents before I did, and received an email about not arriving early, for our Serenade of the Seas trip coming up Jan 7. It said "Your ship must complete an immigration clearance process from the previous sailing, therefore, do not arrive early for check-in." I've asked the folks about it in our meet & mingle forum for the cruise, but nobody really answered back about it specifically.

Our travel agent said not to come early. I'm not sure what we'll do, I had hoped to have lunch on the ship.

We boarded around 11:30 when we went out of SJU in March on the Adventure. We're going on her again but the "other" route. Just don't want to sit around for 2+ hours.

Our itinerary says we're supposed to dock at 0600. The cruise before docks then as well so I don't see why the "extra" time. Will monitor and advise.

I've not gotten an e-mail from RCCL. My TA ALWAYS shows up early. My question was more pointed at people who have recently sailed out of San Juan. I see you (Arrow Fan) sailed a month before we did this year. We boarded at 11:30. You aren't scheduled to sail until next month as well. I really wanted feedback from someone who'd "been there, done that" since we had.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

I'd love to know, too. We're boarding her on Jan 14 for our 7th and 8the cruises on her, and always get to the pier around 11, and with one exception (due to previous cruisers clearing immigration) have bee on board by noon. We've not gotten an e-mail from RCI telling us not to show up early, and figured we'd do what we always do.

We're sailing on Serenade in a few weeks and this will be our 4th time sailing from San Juan. We've always arrived around 11:30 and have never had a real excessive wait. Mind you, I've read a few posts in the last few weeks about people waiting for hours and hours to board, so perhaps something has changed.

Never received any email from Royal saying not to come early either, so we'll likely head out at the usual time and hope for the best. :D

We boarded the Serenade at Noon recently and there was NO wait at all. Went right in, got onboard in no time at all.

That's good to hear! I was beginning to get a bit worried with a lot of people posting about the lineups to embark Adventure. Thanks for the update. :)

Archived