Silhouette Time Zone Change??

defreeze

I am leaving this week on the Silhouette to the Caribbean.

To anyone who has recently sailed - Does the ship time change with the local time?

Or does the ship time remain the same throughout the cruise?

Most cruises I have been on, the ship changes the time to match the ports, but I sailed with Carnival a couple of times, and they stayed on "ship time" the whole cruise.

Thanks.

On our 12/12 sailing of the Silhouette, departing Bayonne Monday at 4 PM, the clocks were moved ahead one hour on Friday morning at 2:00 AM. On the return trip to Bayonne, the clocks were set back one hour on Friday Morning at 2:00 AM. Our trip ended Saturday morning. Out itinerary was

Bayonne M

At Sea T

At Sea W

Labadee T

San Juan F Clock ahead 2 AM

St Croix S

St Thomas S

Antigua M

St Maarten T

At Sea W

At Sea T

At Sea F Clock back 2 AM

Bayonne S

On our 12/12 sailing of the Silhouette, departing Bayonne Monday at 4 PM, the clocks were moved ahead one hour on Friday morning at 2:00 AM. On the return trip to Bayonne, the clocks were set back one hour on Friday Morning at 2:00 AM. Our trip ended Saturday morning. Out itinerary was

Bayonne M

At Sea T

At Sea W

Labadee T

San Juan F Clock ahead 2 AM

St Croix S

St Thomas S

Antigua M

St Maarten T

At Sea W

At Sea T

At Sea F Clock back 2 AM

Bayonne S

Hi Big Booper...Many thanks for the photos and video you took on the Silhouette last month. I am taking a group of 92 on the Jan 29th sailing with the same itinerary. I have a couple of questions which I hope you will answer. How was the embarkation/disembarkation process in Cape Liberty? I understand that parking is a problem, but our group will be arriving on 2 coaches...about 12-12:30pm. What is the process and how long were the check in lines?? Do you know what time the first group was able to disembark on your return to Cape Liberty?

I read on one of the threads that The Porch is open on embarkation day. Do you think this would be a good place for our group to wait until our cabins are ready....about 2 PM??

Any pointers you can provide would be greatly appreciated.:):)

Hi Big Booper...Many thanks for the photos and video you took on the Silhouette last month. I am taking a group of 92 on the Jan 29th sailing with the same itinerary. I have a couple of questions which I hope you will answer. How was the embarkation/disembarkation process in Cape Liberty? I understand that parking is a problem, but our group will be arriving on 2 coaches...about 12-12:30pm. What is the process and how long were the check in lines?? Do you know what time the first group was able to disembark on your return to Cape Liberty?

I read on one of the threads that The Porch is open on embarkation day. Do you think this would be a good place for our group to wait until our cabins are ready....about 2 PM??

Any pointers you can provide would be greatly appreciated.:):)

The Porch is open from 11:30 to 3 PM on embarkation day but you will not be the only ones with that idea and there are not that many seats. The people there will be eating...and paying the $5 cover charge.

2071246370096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

Lots of people head to the Oceanview buffet on 14 for lunch or the Bistro on 5 (cover charge).

2006744720096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

2593428750096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

If you need a place for the group to meet after eating to plan things and have a view, then the Sky Lounge on deck 14 forward would be good. It should be open but I don't think there will be bar service. And it holds a couple hundred people. Or you could hang out on deck 3 or 4 in the Grand Foyer.

Getting there at 12:30 would mean a 30-60 minute process to board. You should work out with the group a place to meet. The buffet will be open when you board; the luggage probably won't be delivered to your cabins until 3 PM or later.

At the end of the trip, the walkoffs started shortly before 8. Since your group be getting off for a charter bus, I don't know how they handle that.

Archived