Do you get an extras If your booked in a blacony cabin?

bratsuzy

On the Dawn, right? We had a BB cabin on floor ten. I think the only 'extra' was the balcony but I can tell you the bathroom was decent and we had a nice sized closet, mini (mini mini) fridge, king size bed and little table, couch and tv.

It was worth it I guess. Just watch the ciggy smoke from other rooms if you cant handle it becuase it is really, really noticable at times.

For SUZYQ...

We just returned from the DAWN...got a BA cabin with balcony. Can't say there are any "special" or "extra" perks with the balcony or any advantages having a BA over a BB, BC, or BD except for the cabin placement and deck on the ship. We decided to "rebook" for next year and chose to save some money with a BC cabin (the BD's were already all sold out for the same week). The only difference within the Balcony Cabin category is deck and cabin placement on the ship...the cabins and balconies are all the same size within the category. NOTE: Some of the most forward cabins will have "framed" balconies, which somewhat limit the wind and/or view (see other threads discussing this).

Any "perks" that we felt we might have gotten on our trip are solely from our cabin steward. He was terrific...his name Bernabe Bernabe. I great cabin steward can truly make or break a cruise for us.

"Ditto" on the cigar/cigarette smoke issue. We had a mid-deck balcony and the SMELL did drift backward from time to time, limiting our usage of the balcony. I'm asthmatic and cannot tolerate smoke. My suggestion, if this is a problem for you...book a balcony cabin closer to the front of the ship...this will limit the smoke "drift" while the ship is sailing.

Debjo

Boatwht.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500   Until the NORWEGIAN DAWN 2004 (Can't Hardly Wait But Still Wishing I Was Going On The NORWAY Instead!)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  NORWEGIAN MAJESTY 2004 Bermuda Bound Again!

QE2-Bermuda 2003

PACIFIC PRINCESS-Bermuda 2002

REGAL EMPRESS-New England/Canada 2001

Only suite passengers are given the "perks" you are probably referring to...i.e., special check in line, priority embarkation/debarkation, priority tendering, concierge service, etc. If you want to be spoiled get a suite.....we've had one only once (only $200/person more upsell about 5 weeks before the cruise - $400 total even though we had our kids with) and loved every minute of it.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;5;29;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Sailin' on the Wind 5/29/04

I don't think they would allow me to have anything else. I just purchased the balcony a few weeks ago for $250 per person when from a KK to a bc For $500

Suzanne & Michael

& my little doggie (Tyler)

Archived