Star Princess Hawaii Oct 21, 2012

RMorningglory

Isn't it nice that we have this exclusive and personal thread. How can this be? Honestly?

The Sanctuary Idea is a good one but they do in fact want the cruise card payment immediately. We're going to be at the dock by 8:30 with a good book. Might put AJ in a wheelchair for some special VIP service. LOL My dad is always in one boarding and getting off the ship and it does expidite the process a bit. Are there other things that you've done in the past like Chef's table that you would do again? We have and might do it again on this trip.

Do you know of a good liquor store close by to the dock? ;)

We will definately trade numbers. Has your cell worked on the ship in the past? I have verizon and AJ has sprint. It's roaming I know but I at least like to check in on my parents every few days.

You know AJ has had a lot of stress lately...he might need help getting on board. But if you are there at 8:30 I think you'll definitely be one of the first in line and I can see your lounges in Sanctuary waiting for you now.

I've never done the Chef's Table but certainly would give it a try - sounds like a great evening and it would make the cruise special. If you decide to do it and you don't mind me tagging along, let me know and I'll see if I can get my name in - don't they do a lottery for spots or something?

Depending on where you're staying, there are all sorts of places near the pier to buy hootch. There is a Safeway about five blocks up Bay Street from Pier 35. There's also Trader Joe's about four blocks up on Bay, but I don't know that they have anything more than beer and wine? There's a wine store at Pier 39 which is the pier with the shops and restaurants - that's about it for around the Pier. You might check also around the hotel where you're going to overnight...

My cell has worked on the ship - specifically in my room. I have been able to call Mom from my room and it seems to work well. I have AT&T so you might check on Verizon and/or Sprint - and yeah, don't forget it's a roaming charge - I think mine is $2.50 a minute.

Packing yet?

LOL... I cleaned my closets on Labor Day so I know what fits and what doesn't so that's a start. I have somehow lost my tux pants. I wish I could say it was because of a fun night out but I think it's more of a dry cleaner thing. Uggh

You are certainly welcome to join us for Chef's table but the key to that is making the request all at once as they may have more than one during the trip and could theoretically put us on different ones otherwise. We'll coordinate that on board.

What we thought we would do is get on the boat... get our special stuff reserved...eat lunch and then get back off and go on a booze run. We do that in Ft. Lauderdale often and it works out well. Walk to the store and cab it back with a couple cases of stuff, soda, water, wine etc. I bring packing tape and luggage tags and package it all up and the porters send it up to the cabin. I LOVE PRINCESS. Try that on RCCL and see what happens. Yikes.

I of course think of all this stuff and SOMEONE benefits by it greatly. LOL

You mean someone lurking on our private board might be benefitting from our posts?

So, I think if you're looking for more than wine, your best bet is the Safeway on Bay Street. It's only about four or five blocks, so you can make the walk easily. I'm not sure about getting a cab to get back - you may have to call one specifically - don't know what the cab runs are like up there. I'd suggest you'd steal a shopping cart, but they probably lock the wheels after you get a certain distance from, the store :)

Thanks for the invite to Chef's Table. That would be great fun. As I say, we will be on board at 11:00 since my ex Jimmy has the BVE. I think lunch is at noon, so we'll be around. We can make the reservation while he's there so that he's REALLY jealous that he's not going :)

I need to start considering either seeing a taylor or buying some new things. I'm assuming that my inability to lose great amounts of weight has to do with some medication I'm on but the doc keeps telling me it has to do with the food I put in my mouth. What bedside manner...

Hope you're having a good weekend..."hi" to AJ.

No... I mean AJ! :rolleyes:

I suppose we could make him wish he had packed his bathing suit! We will be getting on and running up to the Sanctuary immediately. From there we'll be hopping on the dining line to make our request for Chef's Table. I will text you when we are getting on the ship to find out your cabin# and will make the request for all of us. They ask if you have food allergies and stuff. The key is to say NO so I'm double checking now (Just say no). You need closed toe shoes for this... just letting you know. Evidently they don't want toe jam in the fish stock. Who Knew? :p

I may have told you this but the last time we did it everyone was very happy by the end of the meal thanks to all the champagne and wine that is included in the dinner. So... we made arrangements to get together as a group the last night of the cruise and have dinner again. I still had some Sapphire Gin left over that I was trying to use up throughout the day. BAD MOVE! Let's just say I remember 3/4th of the dinner but eveidently I was the life of the party when I started singing Donna Summer's "Last Dance". It is one of my signature pieces but in the dining room? :o

We have a friend turning 50 soon and it looks like the big party in in New York the weekend prior to our sailing. Uggh... one more obligation and no packing. How did that happen. Oh well... someone has to live this life... may as well be us.

AJ's a smart kid!

So I will greatly appreciate you adding me to the ressie for Chef's Table. Tell 'em I'm Elite in case that does any good. Meantime, I have no food allergies, so that's fine and I will remember to leave the open toed heels in the cabin that night.

I can't wait for you to do another Donna Summer tribute, especially since the poor girl has left us. I might just bring along a Sapphire just to see what happens. Oy gin...I tend to forget things too when I'm drinking it...I try to stick to vodka!

Party in New York can't be missed - just start packing a day sooner and it will be fine to miss a day. Like I should listen to my own advice!

Hello to all you friends out there in cyber land :)

Happy Friday!! So... we are doing the wierdest thing today... A cousin of mine purchased an auction Item and gave it to us. We are flying on a B-17 Bomber today. I'll let you know how it goes. Hoping the pilot is cute!

Looks like our New York Jaunt has become a Vegas Jaunt. We will fly out on the 11th, back on the 14th... then back to SF on the 20th.

That's a lot of back and forth. How do I stay on the diet and wagon in Vegas?

Happy Friday!! So... we are doing the wierdest thing today... A cousin of mine purchased an auction Item and gave it to us. We are flying on a B-17 Bomber today. I'll let you know how it goes. Hoping the pilot is cute!

Looks like our New York Jaunt has become a Vegas Jaunt. We will fly out on the 11th, back on the 14th... then back to SF on the 20th.

That's a lot of back and forth. How do I stay on the diet and wagon in Vegas?

More back and forth - that'll help to keep off the calories - oops...can I say that?

You my friend will just have to be the model of moderation - or maybe just starve yourself before Vegas. I bet you'll be so busy and it will be so hot that you won't gain an ounce.

The B-17 sounds like a blast. Let me know how it goes...and how cute the pilot is ;)

Pilot and crew were all very hunky. Gurrr They didn't ask but I think they could tell?

So yes... I'm trying to figure out how to stay on the plan and go to vegas but I'm worried I just shot myself in the foot. Oh well... has to be done so. I will increase my work outs to maintain at least the current level of flab and not make it any worse I suppose.

Next question is how do I get the clothes in and out of the cleaners quickly.

Went to a wedding yesterday and a +1 and had a great time. I now have a low deep voice... this does not happen often. LOL

OK boys, looks like you are the only folks on CC that will be on this cruise, but rest assured there will be more (as Brian knows)

Look for me at check-in. (working not traveling)

Chris...did you know that you have the wrong date on your countdown clock??

Went to a wedding yesterday and a +1 and had a great time. I now have a low deep voice... this does not happen often. LOL

OK so you may need to explain this a little further - how did you get the low deep voice and what is the a + 1 about? What have you done with AJ?

OK boys, looks like you are the only folks on CC that will be on this cruise, but rest assured there will be more (as Brian knows)

Look for me at check-in. (working not traveling)

Chris...did you know that you have the wrong date on your countdown clock??

Hello 'Bear - always good to catch up with you. I have a feeling that we will not be the only guys from CC. Just the only posters - there have been 2200 views of this thread!!

My ex is bringing me to the pier so he's going to some on as BVE - will yoU be there at 11:00?

I will be there from 0700 on till it sails. Look forward to seeing who is all going.

Ed

You mean 7:00 a.m.? God what you do for Princess Cruises.

First of all, you'll have to tell me how to find YOU. Then, you'll have to tell me how you can relate to me who I should be trolling...I mean on the look out...for ;)

Hope you're well and hope we can connect - it would be good to see your face after all these years :)

Oh My Lord... a lot happens when you take a couple days off from this Blog. First of all... we are on page 4! Woo Hoo. Then we are joined by a big Tease Bear who we should kidnap and smuggle on board to increase our fun group.

Now... here's the thing Bear... we need to know what you can do for us and what we need to do for you to get it! I'm open to suggestion but rarely do we find someone on the inside... This is a coup!

We were finally assigned our mini suite... which is very far aft. I'm hoping for smooth sailing! Also, AJ has a buddy in SF and we might try to do the tour with him and get on with you too! (Exploring that now).

I bought a new car today... this was unexpected. What is WRONG with me?

As for the 2200 hits, do you think GRINDR works in the middle of the pacific? Just asking.

Glad to hear you have a home but sorry to hear its farther aft than you might have wanted ... I'm aft too but not as far as you. Are you prone to a little motion sickness? I'll switch cabins with you if you think you might have problems...it's a standard cabin but it's got the big balcony ;)

It would be very cool if your friends came on and we all did the BVE together - work on 'em ;).

So what kind of car and yeah, I can't believe it - how will you leave a new car for 15 days??? Grindr? I suppose we could try - might be worth some Internet minutes :) its just being sure that the other guys on the ship are plugged in...

Flaming, eh? I can't wait to meet you ;) I've always thought Saabs were cute cars...congratulations.

Call your travel agent on the BVE. The poor people who are coming on for a taste of "the life" only to be kicked off a few hours later actually get Travel Summaries and Boarding Passes. You can charge the $39 to your booking or they can provide a credit card and have a booking of their own. The number of people allowed is limited, so if you're thinking of it, call soon...

Thanks for the tip on the cars. We generally rent with Hertz because I'm a gold member and I get a lot of perks from points and stuff. I have a car reserved in every port so we're good no matter what. With the Vegas thing slipping in ahead of the cruise the Heli-trip is definitely off.

Do you do lunch with your friend during the BVE? I wouldn't like to just send Miss Tracy on her way as soon as we board.

I have named the car the "Red Rocket". So far you don't have to put sugar on it to get it to go down but I suppose yo never now. LOL

So my friend's car is named Lola and mine is named Samantha after the GPS. I'm thinking Red Rocket a pretty good name for a snappy little car. I'm baffled by the sugar comment...is that an east coast thing? :)

Yah - if you've got gold points, use em - I am impressed by the prices of discount places, but I sometimes worry about that old saying "you get what you pay for." Sometimes it's what you don't get with discounts that counts!

Yes, you go on board with your BVE guest...that's the whole perk - you get on the ship at 11:00!! They may tell you that you can't go on board, but with our friend Ed there, I'm sure they will have things under control. The last time I did it it was brand new and there was some confusion, but that was when it just started. Last time we all went on as a group with the Future Cruise person and met got together in the Wheelhouse. She took a tour around the ship, or we were able to go off on our own - which we did. Let our friends see our little standard balcony and then our other friends were in a suite, so we went and saw that! The lunch was at a specified time in the dining room, so we went and had lunch and still had time to show our visitors the ship - sit up on deck. Then about an hour before Muster we get to KICK 'EM OFF! :)

That sounds PERFECT!!!! Woo Hoo. This is a friend of AJ's who I have never met so that alone will be interesting. She evidently didn't like some former BF of his. Who knows what she'll think of little old me.

The sugar thing is what you do if a dog has a "red rocket" to make it go down. I think that's a dog thing, not an east coast thing. LOL:p

You know I love dogs, but I guess I don't love 'em enough to know the sugar trick. Somehow that's just...disturbing...in some way :)

So if the friend of AJ doesn't like you, just remember that you will be able to KICK HER OFF the ship when the time comes...take satisfaction in that.

Got on the scale today - I may need to bring my big boy pants and a muumuu for around the pool. I do need to start getting some things together before the day has arrived an I'm packing at 9:00 in the morning.

Hey did you ever decide what you're going to do about your SF stay?

Archived