Just got my silk flowers!

jangng

I just got photos of my silk flowers from my MOH (I live abroad, so she was kind enough to take pics for me to see). I'm so excited and wanted to share in case other brides are thinking about ordering silk flowers!

I got them through Wedideas and I would totally recommend them! They were really good with communication- there were 3 people I was in contact with: the owner (I think) who dealt with the main order, one lady who sent the approval photos and dealt with changes, and one lady who dealt with questions and additions I made to the order- they were all prompt and helpful. And the flowers look great and really surprised my MOH, she said they looked so real and actually smelled good haha. She also said that the company packed the flowers really well, so she had no problems taking things out and repacking them. Haha, this sounds like a plug, but I just want other brides to know that I'm happy with my experience and that they can consider this place too. A lot of other brides go with angel's accents, which has amazing flowers, but they were completely backordered past my wedding date and they have minimum $400 order rule, which was a bit high for my originally small wedding party.

I'm attaching the approval photos I got of my bouquet and my bridemaids' bouquets. I also got a cake topper + clusters for the cake, a hair piece of 2 big roses, corsages, boutonnieres (no pictures), and they threw in a free toss bouquet for orders over $200. Everything is natural touch flowers except for the cake toppers and the toss bouquet-- but personally I think the color on standard quality silk flower is prettier than on the natural touch, natural touch color is more straightforward while the standard flowers have some gradation. And my MOH said that she couldn't tell a difference unless she looked really closely. Anyways, here are some photos for reference!

BridalBouquet.jpg.58471ac69f2ab53e8fec58704031875e.jpg

MOHBouquet.jpg.a82e70fa35f47eb9afc5c47b0c06333a.jpg

CakeToppers.jpg.c6e1887be51f993267d2e85ff27e7f88.jpg

Corsage1.jpg.3ad156ea2b7db5b203363a581de05534.jpg

Corsage2.jpg.62d171201dc2e3412c4d70fdb10abbf3.jpg

HairPiece.jpg.6a0cd4c38b789b90083b8d54b123bd05.jpg

TossBouquet.jpg.4f1a5faac756c1969f35d7c164f1b53f.jpg

Wow they do look great! I just received mine as well this weekend from Wedideas!! They were great! I just got the standard silk ivory roses for me and my bridesmaids. I also got the guys boutonnieres. I was very happy with them. I didn't want to spend a lot on flowers and I definitely recommend them if you want to save some money rather than using the upgrades through carnival.

Just one peice of advise... Order far in advance and give the company (wedideas) a wedding date atleast a month prior to your actual date. Mine shipped about 2 weeks late but I still had plenty of time. Just one less thing to stress about :)

After reading this I started looking into wedideas, and was 99% set.

However, I stumbled upon their vendor page on WeddingWire and OMG. It's a real craps shot on the experience. Some saying like you two that everything was great. Others detailing horrible delays and no responses.

Not sure what to do now...

However, I stumbled upon their vendor page on WeddingWire and OMG. It's a real craps shot on the experience. Some saying like you two that everything was great. Others detailing horrible delays and no responses.

I saw your post on your colors... I used Kim from Alexis Grace Designs.

Here's my review... My colors were eggplant and champagne. My flowers were beyond gorgeous and Kim was the best to work with. I still talk to her now. LOL

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1446244

Kim's etsy shop: etsy.com/shop/alexisgracedesigns

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

I saw your post on your colors... I used Kim from Alexis Grace Designs.

Here's my review... My colors were eggplant and champagne. My flowers were beyond gorgeous and Kim was the best to work with. I still talk to her now. LOL

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1446244

Kim's etsy shop: etsy.com/shop/alexisgracedesigns

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

I do love the colors in your flowers. I saw some posts about just getting flowers from Hobby lobby. I think I'm going to try it out and see what I can do on my own. I'm a big DIY person.

I really have a problem paying "wedding Tax". You know, the extra cost for something that's really basic just because it's for a wedding.

Flowers are have a huge wedding tax.

I do love the colors in your flowers. I saw some posts about just getting flowers from Hobby lobby. I think I'm going to try it out and see what I can do on my own. I'm a big DIY person.

I really have a problem paying "wedding Tax". You know, the extra cost for something that's really basic just because it's for a wedding.

Flowers are have a huge wedding tax.

I have seen some posts on hobby lobby on another site. Are they the same quality of natural touch? (I'm not familiar with HL)

I ordered my flowers from angels accents and had her send me some samples. When I compared them to silk flowers at Michael's, they were of much better quality. (I'm assuming HL is similar to Michaels)

Are you sure you want to DIY for your wedding? Not that I doubt your skills, I mean will you have the time and energy.

I know! I also read the reviews AFTER I already placed my order and thought I might have made a huge mistake. I just made sure to confirm the order, check back a month later and then again around the time they said the order would ship. I think if you stay on top of them they will be okay but no promises :rolleyes:

And make sure to give them an earlier date than you need them (if you decide to use them)

I've seen lots of amazing silk flowers from other vendors so I am sure you will find one you love :)

I know! I also read the reviews AFTER I already placed my order and thought I might have made a huge mistake. I just made sure to confirm the order, check back a month later and then again around the time they said the order would ship. I think if you stay on top of them they will be okay but no promises :rolleyes:

And make sure to give them an earlier date than you need them (if you decide to use them)

I've seen lots of amazing silk flowers from other vendors so I am sure you will find one you love :)

YES! (and I am not singing angel's praises yet, because I haven't received my actual flowers.) But I did specify I need my flowers in August for my wedding in September. So that gives plenty of time for late shipments, hurricane, &/or postal worker strikes before I need my flowers

I have seen some posts on hobby lobby on another site. Are they the same quality of natural touch? (I'm not familiar with HL)

I ordered my flowers from angels accents and had her send me some samples. When I compared them to silk flowers at Michael's, they were of much better quality. (I'm assuming HL is similar to Michaels)

Are you sure you want to DIY for your wedding? Not that I doubt your skills, I mean will you have the time and energy.

Well I'm still 8 months out. I'm just stressed over the cost of the flowers.

I just did a count, and will need about 20 different flowers just for my bridal party and parents.

ugh...

Well I'm still 8 months out. I'm just stressed over the cost of the flowers.

I just did a count, and will need about 20 different flowers just for my bridal party and parents.

ugh...

WHOA!!! That's a lot! What about if you do a combination of real and natural touch.

I'm happy with wedideas's product, but I'll admit that they need to work on their communication skills. They rarely answered the phone, and they took longer to answer an email than I would have liked. Of all the vendors I worked with, they certainly weren't the worse, but their communication failures made the process much more stressful than it needed to be. Since the product is good, as long as you stay on top of them and say you want your flowers a month before you actually want them, you should be ok.

My advice would be to order very early. I placed my order 5 months in advance (back in September) and set my desired shipment date a month before my wedding-- so I was in no rush to get them. I got my first approval pictures a month after I placed the order and requested some very minor changes. You have to give the company some time to order your flowers (if they don't have them in stock) and rearrange your flowers if needed, it's definitely not a one-month process. I'm actually glad the whole order took some time, because my wedding party got bigger as time went on and I had to make additional orders 2 times, right before they were about to ship them.

The lady, Mary, who dealt with my questions about products (size, price) and updated my order with the additions was great. She got back within 1-2 days and even if she didn't know the answer she would shoot me an email just to let me know she was checking on it. There was one incident when I sent the product questions to the wrong person, but they forwarded the email to Mary and she got back to me-- I can see how that can cause some confusion and communication delay. I didn't have to call them, I live abroad so emailing was the best way to communicate and everything turned out fine. I would email Mary directly if you have questions, I believe her email is on the Wedideas website-- each person I communicated with had their own personal emails.

Archived