Need advice on airline: Kansas City to Long Beach, CA

gracecarmo

Do a search on http://www.travelocity.com and make sure you click the box right below where you enter your departure city that says to check surrounding airports. There are 3 right near Long Beach...SNA is Orange County John Wayne Airport, LGB of course is Long Beach and LAX for Los Angeles. I did not see any direct from MCI airport all had one stop so I would go for price and times and choose that way

Perki: how far is Orange County John Wayne airport from Long Beach? I notice that Southwest goes there with a change in LV.

Just went to Travelocity, and found out the airport is 19 miles away. I am now leaning toward American airlines, going direct to LCB from Dallas, where we will change planes and terminals.

Grace

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I live here in Long Beach. OC airport is about 20 miles from Long Beach on a very busy freway (the 405). Are you taking a Carnival cruise out of Long Beach or going out of San Pedro ?

As for flights to LGB, there are only a few airlines that use LGB airport . Jet Blue is one, American Airlines in one, and I think America West also. Long Beach is a great little airport, really nice and convenient. OC is nice too, not as big as LAX but bigger than LGB.

Hi, again, I just checked and Jet Blue does not service Kansas City , nor does Alaska Airlines (also at LB) But American Airlines does and so does America West Airline, you can go right to there web site and get any info you need. Good luck . Happy Cruising

Cori

Do a search on www.travelocity.com

While this is fine to do in combination with other things, don't rely on this site exclusively as it does NOT include Southwest Airlines and thus one will not obtain a true picture of all the options. For example, Southwest has non-stop flights between Kansas City and LAX, but one will not find this out by going to Traveocity, Expedia, or Orbitz.

I think I may opt for Long Beach, even if it involves a change of planes in Dallas. Just thinking of the possibility of traffic from San Pedro to LAX and the LAX airport congestion.

Thanks to all for responding.

Grace

Archived