Cell phones

janice711

When you are out at sea you will be out too far from any tower so no on that. In Bermuda itself I'm not sure however we were able to use our cell phone in Cozumel, Grand Cayman, St. Thomas and in either St.Lucia or St. Kitts (can't remember which it was).

Your best bet is to call your cell phone provider and ask. I know that when we had Alltel they sent me a list of everywhere in the world that we could connect (you may need to charge the calls though to your credit card or home phone though depending on where you were...they would not allow the charge in a lot of places to go through the cell phone company).

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;5;29;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000[/img]
Sailin' on the Wind 5/29/04

from everything i read ,calling from ship or receiving calls on ship is 7.00 or 8.00 a minute, in bermuda you can buy calling cards and use pay phones to call home,that is probably the least expensive, i also read our calling cards might not work there

Regarding your Cell Phone- no way. You would need a sattelite phone in order to communicate at sea. Youll lose your signal within a few hours of sailing.

In Bermuda, yes many prepaid phone cards work but there are transition fees involved that can eat up your time. Purchase a pre paid card that specifically states "international calling".

Im not sure what todays standards are but I'm sure that some wireless providers must offer some international rates by now. Who knows, you really should be calling your service provider. right?

Archived