Advice pls. To stay in Ft. L or Miami and more ?

Cruis'in Mom

We are cruising Feb. 25- March 3 on Liberty. We fly into FLL the night before arriving at 5:45 pm.

Questions:

1) do we stay over night in FLL and take shuttle next morning to POM?

* SAS doesn't pick up from hotels until 11 am or after. I want to be at POM earlier so other transportation ideas would be great. There are 6 of us.

Or

2) do we get a shuttle after landing at FLL and stay over in Miami so we are closer to the port in the AM?

Any other helpful info would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I landed at FLL about the same time as tours is scheduled. Had SAS take me to Holiday Inn POM on arrival. Took a shuttle at 10:15 the next morning to the port.(10 minutes) Worked great.

Holiday Inn POM is cool - when ou wake up you will be able to see your ship sitting there just waiting for you. Also just accros the street from the hotel is Bayside Marketplace which has a lot of fun shops, bars, bands playing. We loved Bayside the night before our last cruise. It really got us into the cruising spirit. Walked outside in the morning and took a cab to the port. There is a CVS about one block away from the hotel where we picked up our wine and soda for the trip. Closes at 9 but opens early enough in the morning before ou need to go to the port.

We are cruising Feb. 25- March 3 on Liberty. We fly into FLL the night before arriving at 5:45 pm.

Questions:

1) do we stay over night in FLL and take shuttle next morning to POM?

* SAS doesn't pick up from hotels until 11 am or after. I want to be at POM earlier so other transportation ideas would be great. There are 6 of us.

Or

2) do we get a shuttle after landing at FLL and stay over in Miami so we are closer to the port in the AM?

Any other helpful info would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Hotels in Miami during this time of year may be expensive. I am probably of the majority here, but I would stay in FLL and take a shuttle the next morning.

Try Go-Shuttle for transportation from FLL hotels to the port in Miami. I read a recent review on these boards where the family used this shuttle service and was very pleased. http://www.floridalimo.com/

Also, The Sleep Inn & Suites in FLL has an airport shuttle, free breakfast and it located next to a Walgreens and Publix, with restaurants within walking distance. The hotel rates and reviews are both good.

http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-dania-florida-FL664

Archived