baltimore airport hotels

kaj1436

Can someone tell me what is in the area of airport hotels in terms of shopping and dining? Or am I better off staying somewhere else like Glen Burnie?

There are plenty of hotels in the BWI Hotel zone. There are restaurants in the vicinity, some you could walk to depending on your hotel, some you could cab to a short distance, or if you rent a car many choices nearby. As far as shopping there is the Arundel Mills Mall which is about 15 minutes or less (traffic dependent) from the BWI area, and as you mentioned Glen Burnie. I guess the deciding factor is what mode of transport you prefer to use. Hotels in the BWI area are generally cheaper than Downtown/Inner Harbor area.

We stayed at the BWI Homewood Suites on Winterson Rd. This seems to be the main airport hotel area. There are the usual assortment of fast food places, and a couple restaurants like Bob Evans and Ruby Tuesdays along the main drag there. It's pretty spread out though and I wouldn't say any of them would be an easy walk from that hotel. We had our car, so we drove over to Arundel Mills Mall, and had dinner at Damons Grill, which is a large sports bar and grill. Great food, large portions, and decent prices.

Archived