Seaquarium Beach Curacao?

pakarinen

How's the snorkeling at Seaquarium Beach in Curacao?

From what I've read here, it seems like Porto Mari is the beach of choice. However, I'm concerned about travel - taxi availability, etc. Probably don't want to rent a car since we're only on the island for about 9 hours. Any experiences?

Thanks!

We`ll be in Curacao again next Saturday returning 1/29. We are staying at a resort on the beach very close to to the Seaquarium we`ll let you know when we return. We will be diving everyday while there and be glad to check the shore area for you. Have you emailed the Seaquarium and asked them? There also is a dive shop just down the beach named the The Dive Bus that does snorkel trips on their house reef.

Expect to spend about $20 each way for a cab from the port.

We took a taxi with fellow cruisers to the Dive Bus -- several did a guided scuba dive while others snorkeled. They have a sheltered cove area for snorkeling or one can go outside the reef, along with a bar & grill, tables to sit at, etc. DH & I are not "expert" snorkelers, so it was fine for us. Can't remember if we had to pay anything or not, but you can check their website.

• 2 weeks later...

Back from Curacao and some amazing diving. To answer your question without knowing your swimming level or what you consider good is a bit of a guess. So here goes yes there is good snorkeling there the best is not on the beach. If your looking for a beach day Porto Marie is the best place. We dove there and the beach was wonderful. There are shaded chairs for rent for a couple of dollars. Full bar with bathrooms right there on the beach. The snorkeling is good but you will have to swim out to the reef which tops out in 10-20' of water about 50+ yards offshore. For just the best snorkeling without a good beach the Dive Bus house reef is by far the best. Their`s is a 40 year man made shore break reef covered with shallow water fish everywhere very easy swimming. We also did a night dive there we saw along with all the fish octopus (4) squid, ells, rays and crabs. The area around the dive bus is not pretty so only go there if easy great snorkeling is what you really want. Don`t go there to layout also on the weekends this is the local swim spot.

• 3 months later...

I'll be in Curacao in June for 5 days with a car. Are there any additional snorkeling spots you can recommend (great coral and fish)? I'm at an expert level. Snorkeling with and without a novice teenager. All help would be appreciated.

Archived