Documenting the dream western caribbean 01/21-28/2012; the money monkey goes cruising

radrayjax

:DThe "vagina" seal?? LOL You are too much. :D Great to see a person with a twisted sense of humor like myself. Great review so far. I see Roman is still on the ship. I saw him last March on the Dream on te Eastern run. I hope he is on again this March for the Western run.

:DThe "vagina" seal?? LOL You are too much. :D Great to see a person with a twisted sense of humor like myself. Great review so far. I see Roman is still on the ship. I saw him last March on the Dream on te Eastern run. I hope he is on again this March for the Western run.

Thanks, Wes and the rest of you. You're right here?

Anyway, I did NOT coin that term, other people on CC must take that credit. The Money Monkey could not resist, however, and it became more twisted as the week wore on....

Ray, you are an odd lot my friend, but along with all the others I am very much enjoying your musing, and pictorial review.....can't wait for more from you. We are booked in spa balcony on the same deck for sailing March 3rd (three plus weeks and counting.)

One question, did your room have the Elemis upgraded stuff AND the regular stuff in the bathroom?

By the way, if the slippers didn't fit your size 11.5's they will NEVER fit my 12's....not cool. Probably the robe won't fit either, guess my wife get two sets of both....

Thalasso Pool – FRESHWATER. ... The Thalasso (WHAT is the purpose of that name?!)

Interesting that thalassotherapy pool was fresh water, because thalassotherapy refers to the use of seawater. (thalassa is Greek for sea.)

Ray, you are an odd lot my friend, but along with all the others I am very much enjoying your musing, and pictorial review.....can't wait for more from you. We are booked in spa balcony on the same deck for sailing March 3rd (three plus weeks and counting.)

One question, did your room have the Elemis upgraded stuff AND the regular stuff in the bathroom?

By the way, if the slippers didn't fit your size 11.5's they will NEVER fit my 12's....not cool. Probably the robe won't fit either, guess my wife get two sets of both....

Thanks. Please re-read/re-view posts 129, 130, 155 for the answers.

DOCUMENTING THE SHIP: DECK PLANS

Before tackling the individual decks I will share with you’re the deck plans handed to passengers on the dream. These are “Cut-Away” side view plans.

Front and back covers of the deck plans:

DECKPLANSCOVER.jpg

Back pages of the deck plans:

DECKPLANSPG2.jpg

The deck plan hand out is longer than my scanner so I’ve presented the “gatefold” in two overlapping halves. Each scan actually shows about ¾ of the length of the ship.

Forward ¾ of the deck plans:

DECKPLANSFORWARDHALF.jpg

Aft ¾ of the deck plans:

DECKPLANSFORWARDHALF.jpg

DOCUMENTING THE SHIP: THE SKY DECK!

As you saw in the week leading up to my departure I had to dovetail a lot of information so by the time I left, the people who still hung in there would “get” where I was coming from.

Now, to let you know where I am going, I’ve got six days of the voyage and 14 decks (not including deck 0) to dovetail. Starting with this chapter, I’m going to discuss two or three DECKS in between each DAY. The goal here is that by the time we begin the last sea day and start the Behind the Fun tour, when I talk about or show a public space the tour went through, you will know exactly where we were in the context of the ship, just like I did.

By the last day of the trip I had been through all spaces multiple times and was doing “mopping up” operations. Since half the day was spent on the tour (without benefit of a camera), I couldn’t afford to play much “catch up.”

THE SKY DECK:

CCI02062012_00000.jpg

The Sky Deck is the only deck with no aft half or counterpart. It can be reached from the spiral stair and glass elevator that began on the Panorama Deck (11). At the top of the stairs and elevator is a shaded glass and chrome housing.

Bottom of spiral stairs and forward glass elevator that goes from Panorama to Sky

P1000900.jpg

Top of glass elevator at the Sky Deck:

P1010789.jpg

Facing forward towards the top of glass elevator housing at the Sky Deck:

P1010794.jpg

Inside of housing facing starboard to the Serenity area:

P1010790-1.jpg

Top of the spiral stairs inside the glass housing:

P1010791-1.jpg

Sky Deck Forward area continued...

Portside exterior Sky Deck forward of the glass housing:

P1010788.jpg

Starboard side forward view of Serenity area and glass housing.:

P1010800.jpg

Starboard side aft view of Serenity area – the rear view from the prior vantage point.:

P1010795.jpg

Turning more aft starboard side aft view of Serenity area:

P1010796.jpg

I was processing and moving hundreds and hundreds of photos today, going from chronological folders deck sorted folders. Still trying to catch up…

MORE on the SKY DECK Serenity area tomorrow….

held my attention for days and days! Thank you so much for taking the time to put this all together! I am not cruising the Dream until Sept. but I feel like I am already on the ship.

MadamG2U

Thanks. Hopefully by the time I'm done, you'll feel as if you can navigate parts of the ship blindfolded.

SKY DECK CONTINUED:

Well, for once I’m ready and organized before the eastern seaboard has gone to sleep. Tonight I WILL be finishing the SKY DECK!

Backing up a little: The following shot is from the far forward of the Sky Deck, Facing forward and down through the wind screen:

15-010-P1040085.jpg

Upward view of the area above and behind the glass housing, starboard side:

15-010-A-P1010798.jpg

Clamshell chair, starboard forward section of the serenity area, at night:

15-011-P1060014.jpg

Moving further to the rear on the starboard side of the Serenity Area:

The center starboard section of the serenity area. The hot tub is just off camera to the left:

15-012-P1010799.jpg

Forward view from the starboard section of the serenity area. The hot tub is to the right:

15-013-P1010806.jpg

Starboard hot tub – aft-facing view:

15-014-P1010801.jpg

Hot tub instructions close-up:

15-015-P1010802.jpg

Forward-facing view of Starboard hot tub:

15-016-P1010805.jpg

Looking towards the starboard aft section of Serenity from the starboard center section:

15-017-P1040089.jpg

Looking forward from above photo at the Sky Deck starboard Serenity area. The stairs leading up from the Sun Deck are to the right:

15-018-P1040093.jpg

Starboard Aft section of Serenity, Satellite dish dome and slide are in the background:

15-019-P1010803.jpg

Looking aft and down at the Sun Deck and other lower decks:

15-020-P1040090.jpg

Completing the Starboard side of the Sky Deck...

Starboard Serenity sign, seen at the rear of the above photo:

15-021-P1010811.jpg

Looking down at the Starboard Serenity area on the SUN Deck seen from the area of the above photo:

15-022-P1010813.jpg

Wider view of starboard entrance to the Serenity area:

15-023-P1010873.jpg

Looking up and forward at the antennas by at the Starboard Serenity area on the Sky Deck:

15-024-P1010874.jpg

The next few shots are from the PORT side of the Serenity area on the Sky Deck:

PORT side aft-facing view of the Serenity area on the Sky Deck just to the rear of the glass housing:

15-026-P1040084.jpg

Port side aft-facing view of the center of the Serenity area on the Sky Deck:

15-027-P1010785.jpg

Port side hot tub in the center of the Serenity area on the Sky Deck:

15-028-P1010783.jpg

Port side forward-facing view of the center of the Serenity area on the Sky Deck. The hot tub is just off camera to the left:

15-029-P1020427.jpg

Forward-facing view of the port side of the Serenity area, from the entrance:

15-030-P1040101.jpg

Aft-facing view of the Sky Deck, from in front of the entrance to the Serenity area. Stairs leading to and from the Sun Deck are in the foreground, right:

15-031-P1040102.jpg

The next few shots will concentrate on the aft portion of the Sky Deck – the slide support and deck.

Aft-facing view of the slide deck. Seen from the starboard aft Serenity area on the Sky Deck:

15-032-P1010804.jpg

Aft starboard side of the Sky Deck, stairs to the left leading down to the Sun Deck:

15-033-P1010814.jpg

Turning halfway to the right, the slide hanging from the aft area of the Sky Deck:

15-034-P1010815.jpg

Looking aft and down from the aft area of the Sky Deck:

15-035-P1010876.jpg

Looking aft and down from the aft area of the Sky Deck as someone emerges from the slide:

15-036-P1010880.jpg

Looking aft at the spiral structure of the slide:

15-037-P1010879.jpg

Archived