Documenting the dream western caribbean 01/21-28/2012; the money monkey goes cruising

radrayjax

On the Panorama Deck...

Behind us at Port Canaveral was the Carnival Ecstasy, which would begin sailing shortly before the Dream:

P1000842.jpg

Shortly after 1:30 we started heading forward on the Panorama Deck towards our room.

Port side of Panorama Deck heading forward. The Spa Deck (12) is the upper deck to the right:

P1000845.jpg

Panorama Deck (11) forward:

DREAM-PANORAMADECK11-FORWARD1.jpg

The Lido pool area looking down from the forward port corner of the Panorama Deck (red arrow above):

P1000853.jpg

A shot looking down the Dream atrium from the Panorama Deck (red circle above):

P1000856.jpg

Heading forward on the port side of the Panorama Deck cabin area:

P1000858.jpg

Arrival at Cabin 11220...

P1000859.jpg

The hall wall art just forward of our room:

P1000860.jpg

First shot of our room 11220:

P1000861.jpg

Refrigerator and safe, seen in cabinet at left above, this is below the TV:

P1000862.jpg

The fridge was full of soda and mini booze bottles. I had to empty it out to make room for our soda (and chocolate...).

Mini-booze bottles in fridge. Soda had already been moved to top of cabinet:

P1000863.jpg

Close up of some of the mini-booze bottles:

P1000865.jpg

Wow Ray this is one of the most interesting reviews yet!:D

I didn't quite know where you were headed with the "This Is My Life" review but I'm glad you decided to share with us. You would definitely make for an interesting and fun cruisemate.:) Part of traveling to me is learning about people from all different walks of life. I was definitely educated about money from reading your review. So thank you for that. I look forward in reading the rest of your review since I am too book for the Dream this year.

Heading forward to the Panorama Observation Deck...

After the complete cabin “tour” it was time to head forward and up for the Cloud 9 Spa tour. But first I was going out on what would become my favorite “poop” deck. The forward observation deck on the Panorama Deck – seen as a grey area on the far left of the deck plan above.

Heading forward toward front of Panorama Deck:

P1000887.jpg

Outer door to the observation deck:

P1000890.jpg

Starboard to Port view (from the right side looking left) of the Panorama observation deck:

P1000898.jpg

Looking near forward from the Panorama observation deck:

P1000925.jpg

Looking somewhat starboard towards the Disney terminal and Magic from the observation deck:

P1000892.jpg

Looking starboard and a little aft at the Disney Magic from the observation deck:

P1000893.jpg

The Norwegian Star (telephoto) to the rear from the Panorama observation deck:

P1000896.jpg

Bench on the Panorama Observation Deck:

P1000899.jpg

Well, that’s 11 photo-filled posts in one evening…not too bad.

TOMORROW: HEADING UP FOR THE SPA TOUR, MUSTER DRILL, AND MORE….

We are sailing Dream April 28th, this "eye candy" is just what the doctor ordered:D Keep it coming........ You are doing a fantastic review here, Love it, Love it, and Love it:)

Thanks...for being a night owl...I'm bleary eyed now...

Wow Ray this is one of the most interesting reviews yet!:D

I didn't quite know where you were headed with the "This Is My Life" review but I'm glad you decided to share with us. You would definitely make for an interesting and fun cruisemate.:) Part of traveling to me is learning about people from all different walks of life. I was definitely educated about money from reading your review. So thank you for that. I look forward in reading the rest of your review since I am too book for the Dream this year.

Many thanks. I’ve enjoyed at least one of YOUR reviews! I’m BOUND to have this puppy done by the time you cruise. Surely I am…

Wow Ray - fantastic start!

Thanks for the shot of the Elemis products in the Spa cabin. I have a Spa cabin booked for October (mostly due to the availability of wheelchair accessible cabins that sleep 3) but it's nice to know that I won't need to pack any bath or shower products - that stuff looks nice! Happy to see both shampoo AND conditioner not to mention lotion. :D

I'll be happily reading along - love the pictures and the maps.

Next we have an empty slate, I mean plate.

PANCAKE2-PLATE.jpg

Then we carefully apply one pancake to the plate.

PANCAKE3-PLAIN.jpg

Then we take the [sugar free] maple syrup and apply it in a straight line to the pancake:

PANCAKE4-SYRUP.jpg

Next, we roll the pancake in a fairly tight spiral in a direction perpendicular to the applied syrup:

PANCAKE5-DIRECTION_OF_ROLE.jpg

The rolled pancake result:

P1000756.jpg

And enjoy!

PANCAKE7-ENJOY.jpg

Lol!!!

After the pictures of the swedish pancakes, don't be surprised if people start asking for the link to reservations at RMB&B. A cute proprieter, a comfortable and cozy room and good food, too? I'm in. I'll give her $125/night. Negotiable. :)

After the pictures of the swedish pancakes, don't be surprised if people start asking for the link to reservations at RMB&B. A cute proprieter, a comfortable and cozy room and good food, too? I'm in. I'll give her $125/night. Negotiable. :)

I'll let her know of your offer. Don't be surprised if she turns you down. That' life.... This month she as a cousin from NY staying over on and off. Sometimes it's a revolving door.

BTW, the cousin flew down to St. John in the Virgin Islands last week.

5382 -- HAVE I GOT YOUR ATTENTION?? Yes, You got my attention

THE ABOVE STATISTIC IS THE NUMBER OF PHOTOS I TOOK! Wow! Love reviews with photos

The above stat does NOT include over 100 scans in process of documents, letters, hand outs, and most especially, EIGHT editions of the FUN TIMES from the cruise. I'll be on the Dream in one month, Thanks for posting the FUN TIMES, can't wait to see more.

I spent three hours last night starting processing and scanning. Hope you got paid well :)

I WILL be posting new material this evening! I will be following your posting

What a great review, can't wait to read more.

Debbie

I love detailed reviews and always grateful to people who take the time to write all the details about their cruise and take a lot of pictures.

Well, this review is THE review, the King of all Reviewes!:D

Thank you for all the stories, maps, pictures (Pancakes Guide:D was superb!) and incredible details! I enjoy it tremendously and can't wait for more.

THANKS TO ALL ABOVE!

Tonight I cover the spa tour (briefly!) and the Muster Drill

CLOUD 9 SPA TOUR, JANUARY 21, 2012

At about 2:00PM we made our way upstairs for the Cloud 9 Spa tour. The spiral stairs star at Deck 11 forward and go all the way up to the sky deck. There is also a glass elevator. These stairs are always quiet. I’m only going to show a few photos from the tour at this time. I’ll save most for when I Document the Ship – Spa Deck 12 and Sun Deck 14 later on.

Spiral stairs (and elevator) on the Panorama Deck (11):

P1000900.jpg

Forward details of Spa Deck (12) (Cloud 9 Spa Area and Gym) and Sun Deck (14). I’ve tried to present these as close to scale and aligned as possible. We all know there is no deck 13 between 12 and 14!

SPA Deck 12 (Cloud 9 Spa Lower Level .................SUN Deck 14 (Cloud 9 Spa Upper Level:

CCI02022012_00000.jpg

Thalasso Pool – FRESHWATER. This is at the head of the stairs to the immediate left on the Sun Deck. When you go through a door you must go up four steps, the pool is raised from the floor. This view is looking down from the Sun Deck:

P1000966-1.jpg

The Thalasso (WHAT is the purpose of that name?!) would become one of my favorite spots. The photo above shows the water fairly STILL, without the hydro jets going. I’ll have many more photos of this over the course of the cruise.

Part of the Gym area of the Spa on the Spa Deck (12). This is to the left ofThalasso pool and stretches behind it.

P1000973-1.jpg

A view of seats in the Laconium a moderately heated room, this on the other side of the elevator and, spiral stairs from the Thalasso pool:

P1000948.jpg

Upper Lobby area of Cloud 9 Spa on the Sun Deck (14):

P1000930.jpg

Salon area of Cloud 9 Spa on the Sun Deck (14):

P1000932.jpg

One of the individual therapy/treatment rooms on the Sun Deck area of the spa:

P1000951.jpg

One of a number of shelves of products for sale (so what salon doesn’t have products for sale?):

P1000955.jpg

As noted near the beginning the spa room privileges included on free class per person. Fran signed up for a yoga class at 9:00AM on Sunday and I signed up for a “Detox for Health & Weight Loss” at 11:00 AM Sunday. The classes were held in the Spa Studio on the Spa Upper Level, Sun Deck 14. On the deck plan above it is the area shown as “AEROBICS.”

The seminar schedule for the cloud 9 Spa:

SEMINARSCHEDULE.jpg

Archived