Majesty Winter Cruise - Charleston

KCMustang

Hi, KCMustang- My husband and I took this cruise in March with some good friends of ours. We had a great time! Getting to the port of Charleston was easy, embarkation and disembarkation pretty painless. The Majesty is a nice older ship, clean and in good repair. Bruce Kidd was the CD at that time, and he was fabulous. The rest of the crew was great, food was great (make sure you try the Pasta Cafe in the Royal Observatory-no extra $, but reservation required- also, we did Le Bistro the first night-it was uncrowded and well worth the extra $12.50/person). We enjoyed the ports as well-we did the ship's excursion for Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman. I would recommend this, as the trip itself was great, and time is limited. We did the combo with Reef snorkeling and lunch on Seven Mile Beach. At Key West, I recommend taking the ship's train/trolley tour, as it gets you off the ship first, and gives you a little overview of Key West, as well. Cozumel, we shopped! If you have any specific questions, I'll try to answer them! Jen

I have just booked this cruise out of Charleston for the 11/27 sailing with my family and a friend and his family. Can you please tell me what time the embarkation (I hope I spelled this right) begin's ? We booked this because we will be driving down from Ohio and without the additional airfare that is usally needed to go on a cruise the cost of this cruise was very appealing.We have only sailed with Carnival and I am very interested in the difference's of the two cruise line's.

Hi, blank22: We drove down from PA-it was nice to skip the hassle and expense of flying! If I remember correctly, we arrived at the pier between 11 and noon, and were able to proceed smoothly thru parking, luggage transfer, to check-in and embarkation. I would say we were having lunch at the buffet on Deck 10 by 1PM, after dropping our carry-ons in our stateroom. I've never sailed Carnival so I can't make any comparisons, but if you go with a positive attitude and an open mind, I think you'll have a great time! Jen

Thank's Jen - we are planning to drive down on the friday after Thanksgiving and hopefully in time to see a little of Charleston before we sail. Any information that we can recieve from a format like this will help us to prepare for what to expect so to make the whole experience as much fun as it can be. We always keep an open mind and really are not hard to please so I am sure we will have a blast. Thank's again.

Archived