What Now???

darlong

Okay guys, I've been reading and lurking and now I need your help.
I have booked 3 cabins...2 BAs and a Deluxe inside all on the Norway Deck for The Sun/Alaska June 27.
It's all been paid, my inlaws are flying in from Ireland...their 1st cruise, 1st holiday in North America (and M-in-law B.day), my husband, 2 kids 13 and 18 and niece, 19.
MY questions?

Do I even bother trying to call for an upgrade? It would be nice (and I would be willing to pay a reasonable amount) but would they upgrade us all? I would want us to be fairly close together. WHen do I call them, is it too early?

Can they do something special for my mom in law who has a b.day the day we set sail? (My past cruises were long ago on older smaller ships...Dolphin Seabreeze and BRB - the waiters would bring a cake out and sing) Does NCL do that kind of thing?

Are there any other special touches you can recommend? (We are also celebrating my sons graduation and our anniversary) If you have experience with this please let me know.

What are the chances that the kids will be able to swim in the pool (due to cool weather etc) and is there enough on the Sun for older teens to do?

I'm looking forward to my NCL cruise...I loved the old Seabreeze, and even the BRB, I don't need glitz or ritz...I just want this to be memorable for everyone.

Thanks for your input, I am Dar, from Ontario, Canada (and Yes I am flying everyone in for this cruise. If anyone has any suggestions for hotels/activities in Vancouver I'd love to hear them. : )

Dar - Here is what their website says:

You may purchase wine, or bon voyage gifts, such as fruit baskets, champagne, birthday cakes, canapés, flowers or other gifts for your stateroom. Please let us know at least three weeks before sailing.

I found this on the NCL web-site under FAQ's
Also, they bring cake to celebrate events. I heard some cruise lines are starting to charge for it now, but last I heard NCL was still complementry. You can ask your TA or call NCL directly.
Their number is 1-800-446-0555

You can also ask if their pools are heated. We went on an Alaskan cruise but it was through Princess, and the pools were nice and warm. We probably swam more on our Alaska cruise, than in the Bahamas!

good luck [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

NCL SEA 6/19
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]

Sapphire Princess 6/11
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]

Archived