Upsell Fairy Called

momtoabowhead

We are currently booked on the Dream on February 18th in a balcony. We are on Lido deck all the way forward - stateroom 10208.

The upsell is to an Ocean Suite which would be on the Empress deck. Rooms available are 7230, 7258, 7233, 7235 all forward and also 7360 which is midship.

The cost is 700. Worth it? I was hoping to upgrade to a Grand Suite. We are 29 days out. There are 5 Ocean Suites available and 3 Grand Suites. Should I take the gamble and wait to see if the prices go down and if they stay available or should I jump on the Ocean Suite?

Such a dilemma. We definitely want to upgrade as this is our honeymoon. Just not sure if I should take it or wait for a better upsell. Do they get desperate and offer lower rates??

My next question - don't plan to tell DF if we upgrade. It will be a surprise. Is there anyway he will find out? Do they make a big deal of the VIP embarkation? I know I can always say we are VIP because of our honeymoon and he would believe that. Will our sign and sail cards indicate that we are in a suite?

What about our luggage tags? Do they indicate what type of room they are being delivered to?? He won't know the difference with the room number. Only if they specifically say suite will he realize it.

My next question - don't plan to tell DF if we upgrade. It will be a surprise. Is there anyway he will find out? Do they make a big deal of the VIP embarkation? I know I can always say we are VIP because of our honeymoon and he would believe that. Will our sign and sail cards indicate that we are in a suite?

What about our luggage tags? Do they indicate what type of room they are being delivered to?? He won't know the difference with the room number. Only if they specifically say suite will he realize it.

You will need to be a little sneaky and maybe quick witted. If your current luggage tags are avail to print go ahead and print them out, along with the fist page of your current cruise doc. Then when you upgrade, print out the new ones and hide them til it is time to go. put the tags on just before you give them to the porters. I did this for my upcoming cruise, (wife's birthday) I upgraded us and did exactly that, she will see the original luggage tags but wil be caught up in the emabarkation festivities and will not pay attention the the different tags.:cool:

You will need to be a little sneaky and maybe quick witted. If your current luggage tags are avail to print go ahead and print them out, along with the fist page of your current cruise doc. Then when you upgrade, print out the new ones and hide them til it is time to go. put the tags on just before you give them to the porters. I did this for my upcoming cruise, (wife's birthday) I upgraded us and did exactly that, she will see the original luggage tags but wil be caught up in the emabarkation festivities and will not pay attention the the different tags.:cool:

Good plan. Thanks! I am pretty sure we are going to go for it.

700$ seems like a lot to me...

Did you check Carnival's website to see what would the original cost of the suite be if you had chosen that ? How much of a discount is actually being offered ? I've seen people post that they were offered an 'upsell' for the same price as it would have cost them if they had booked it directly on the site...

700$ seems like a lot to me...

Did you check Carnival's website to see what would the original cost of the suite be if you had chosen that ? How much of a discount is actually being offered ? I've seen people post that they were offered an 'upsell' for the same price as it would have cost them if they had booked it directly on the site...

It is a couple hundred dollar discount. It is cheaper than I could get on the website. I'm taking it. You only go on one honeymoon, right?

We are currently booked on the Dream on February 18th in a balcony. We are on Lido deck all the way forward - stateroom 10208.

The upsell is to an Ocean Suite which would be on the Empress deck. Rooms available are 7230, 7258, 7233, 7235 all forward and also 7360 which is midship.

The cost is 700. Worth it? I was hoping to upgrade to a Grand Suite. We are 29 days out. There are 5 Ocean Suites available and 3 Grand Suites. Should I take the gamble and wait to see if the prices go down and if they stay available or should I jump on the Ocean Suite?

Such a dilemma. We definitely want to upgrade as this is our honeymoon. Just not sure if I should take it or wait for a better upsell. Do they get desperate and offer lower rates??

Life's short. Go for it.

February is a busy cruise time and you won't get that offer again.

Who knows, maybe the price will go down and with early saver you will get a credit. And maybe even move up to Grand Suite.

But for now if you can afford it, take the ocean suite, enjoy your honeymoon,

Life's short. Go for it.

February is a busy cruise time and you won't get that offer again.

Who knows, maybe the price will go down and with early saver you will get a credit. And maybe even move up to Grand Suite.

But for now if you can afford it, take the ocean suite, enjoy your honeymoon,

Any suggestions as to which stateroom is best? They are mostly super close together. I cant imagine one is much better than the next.

Archived