Port of New Orleans parking

bike1964

Can someone please clarify a few things. We have sailed out of New Orleans as recent as last Feb on the Norweigan Spirit. There were no other ships in port bacj then and we simply drove up to the drop off area (kind of a half circle to pull uo to) then we went and parked in the terminal/garage, took the elevator down to the check in area? Has that now changed? I understand that you now are suppose to drop your bags @ a "whale" lot near a Ryder truck, then go and park? Are there signs telling the people where to go? Can someone please clarify? I plan on parking @ the garage next to the terminal? We sail on Jan 28th.

Thanks for the clarification.

This is what I read on the Port of N.O. website today:

Parking for Julia St. Cruise Terminal

Once entering Port of New Orleans Place, proceed past the Erato Street Terminal to Julia Street. There you will be directed to the Julia St Terminal drop-off area where you will be assisted with your luggage by Seacaps. You will then be directed down Julia St. where you will take a right turn onto the Service Roadway into the “Whale Lot.” Parking costs $16 per day. Before leaving your car make sure that you have both parking tickets accounted for because they will be needed on the way out of the facility. A shuttle is provided back to the terminal if needed. Parking lot is secured, lighted and patrolled.

I was looking at this website because my edocs said the cruise terminal was Erato St. and I read on CC that The Spirit would sail from the Julia St. terminal. I called NCL and verified that it is Julia St. and then went to the Port of N.O. website and it said the same. If you need more info., ck out their website.

Hope this helps....

Thanks for the info. I am still confused about where to go after you drop tour bags, but I guess someone will tell us? is the whale lot owned by the cruise lines or is ti a private lot? I read that the Fulton St garage is cheaper, but i can't figure out how to get there? I remember last year, we dropped the bags then circled back and pulled into the garage and took the elevator down to the boarding area. Went up an escalator and we were there. That was for the Spirit last Feb, but that was the only ship in port that day.

NCL Spirit and Carnival Conquest sail on the same day. Conquest from the Erato Street terminal and Spirit from Julia St. The two terminals are adjacent.

Yes, someone will ask (should anyway) and direct you the whale lot. Once you know where it is, it will be obvious.

zfCTuDbTsP0Kc7tAZLlMdG5n261U1nB0300.jpg

The entrance to Fulton Street Garage is on Convention Center Blvd and is also where a Hertz rental place is located:

V23l6glw8Vkq9lZNK-5GtjSBTueiglg0300.jpg

Fulton Street parking will be covered, the Whale lot isn't.

http://www.fultonplaceparking.com/index_files/Page21025.htm

Archived