Carnival Dream

wezbjamn

We really enjoyed our trip overall. The food on the ship wasn't that great but with all the variety we did not get hungry. Everyone on the crew was very nice and friendly. We had trouble getting something to drink in the main dining room. They always asked if we wanted to buy some bottled water or if we needed anything from the bar, but if we just wanted tea or juice we had to ask them for it. We had trouble with the elevators on the first and last day of the cruise when they were turned off for public use to transport luggage. My husband has a prosthetic leg and can't do the stairs. This was very inconvenient and we had purchased a handicap room close to the elevators so that my husband would not have any trouble. Carnival should try to do better to accommodate those who cannot use the stairs during those times. They should also try to help those who NEED the elevators when embarking/debarking in port. Others, who are able bodied, are quick to crowd into the elevators leaving the handicap people waiting because they could not move as fast. This should not happen!!! Some people would even jump in front of those who couldn't move as fast. RUDE, Heartless people! With those few little gripes aside, Like I said everything else went well and we really had fun!

We went on cavetubing.bz We read a review from someone before us and decided to give this excursion a try. We are very glad we did! We were able to book this directly, without a deposit and did not pay until the end of our adventure. Vitalino agreed to take us on this adventure even though I had told him in my e-mails that my husband is an amputee and had some special needs. He and his amazing tour guide, Junior, did all they could to accommodate my husband and his needs. They picked us up at the port with an air conditioned van. Junior is young but very knowledgeable. He told us all bout Belize, the schools, the food, customs, wild life, and so on. He kept us entertained throughout the entire trip. When we actually got to the river, Junior helped my husband into his tube and pushed him upstream. I stayed with the rest of our group and our other tour guide, Jorge and took the hike up the river. The caves were beautiful! When we were done we all got back into the van and went to Vitalino's house for a wonderful lunch that his sister had prepared for us. We had chicken, rice and slaw with a creole flair, and some rum punch. We also sampled some Belizian made cashew wine. I didn't really like that though. Then we got back on the bus for our trip back to port. What a wonderful adventure and really great people!!!! We hope to visit again sometime.

This was the best port by far! All we had to do is pay $2/person to go "downtown" in a taxi. Then there is something for everyone all in this one spot. There was plenty of shops. It was right on the beach. You can rent jet skis and other stuff, rent a bicycle, swim, snorkel, get a massage or just sit and listen to the sound of the waves. Instead of stools at the bars, they had swings! No need for an expensive excursion at this port!!!

I like Cozumel! I have been there before on another cruise. I always just go downtown for a little shopping. The prices are good here! My husband, who had never been anywhere outside the US really enjoyed watching me try to get the best prices possible, including having shop owners chasing me 3 shops away from their own!

Absolutely did NOT like this port. To take a taxi downtown, west end, or west bay it would have cost us $30/person. We opted for a tour bus that cost $20/person that said they would take us to those places. All we got was a ride. The guide did not give us much information. Did not tell us when we had reached any of these places and before we knew it we were back at the port with them telling us that the tour was over. What a huge waste of money. Before we got on our tour bus, we witnessed a fist fight among the tour guides on a different tour bus. That was really nice to see and these were people that had been allowed into the port area. We did not go outside the port area to find our excursion. This port was terrible. The taxi's cost too much. The people in port are not friendly, not nice! And the fight! OMG!

Archived