6/5 Spirit to Alaska & meaning of GTY

hzee

I'm going to Alaska on the Spirit on 6/5 from Seattle. Got my tickets from a local TA but still don't really understand how Guarantee (GTY) works. I'm told that I have a Balcony for sure but I might be upgraded. Can someone explain this further for me and at what point do you usually get the stateroom number.

OK... a GTY means you are "guaranteed" a cabin of at least the same quality you have reserved or better. This means that if all the cabins in your category are filled, you will be accomodated in the next available higher category. You can never be accomodated lower. Sometimes you can be upgraded as a result, but this is somewhat rare. Keep in mind that the differences between adjacent categories might be as simple as location on the ship (ie forward instead of aft etc).

You can call NCL about two to three weeks before your departure date, and they SHOULD be able to give you what your cabin number is. This is useful for you to fill out your baggage tags so that your bags arrive at your room [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

We have used GTY a few times and it has been very sucessful for us.

Cliff

Carnival Holiday November 2001
Norwegian Sky 11/4/2002
Norwegian Sky 11/11/2002
Norwegian Wind 10/11/2003
Norwegian Dawn 12/14/2003
Norwegian Sun 02/08/2004

Archived