Southern Norwegian Fjords

royal65

We are geting ready to book a 7 day Southern Norwegian Fjords cruise on the Ryndan. We'll have a balcony cabin and am wondering if port and starboard sides have equally good vistas. I'm guessing we will be entering the fjords, turning around and back out giving both sides the same views. But, time of day could make a differnce and if the ship hugs the coastline when it's cruising outside the fjords, starboard could be better. Cabin availability is similair at this point. Any of you familair with cruising in this area have opinions on these questions? thanx

The best side in the Norwegian fjords is the outside. Seriously, when you are out on a deck with an expansive view, you'd think you could reach your arms out and touch each side. Both sides are beautiful.

I've been up and down that coast more times than I can count (going back again this May), and can't tell you which side is better.

Remember though, that there can be sun and warm, fog, rain, drizzle, cool, cold. Every change in the weather brings it's own mood to the fjords. Each one is worth experiencing.

Whichever side of the ship you choose, you will not be sorry. You will enjoy the view when you first wake up, and again when you get ready for dinner. But do go outside on a public deck whenever possible. You won't be sorry.

Archived