Princess Transfers for Precruise Hotel?

CMcG

We are staying at the Westin Bayshore in Vancouver prior to our Island Princess cruise to Alaska - arranged through Princess so all transfers are included. We arrive about 1:30 in the afternoon from Orlando and I'm trying to figure out what we'll have time to do other than dinner & sleep.

Can anyone give me an idea of what sort of procedure and timing we should expect getting from airport to hotel?

What is procedure for next day getting from hotel to ship? Will we have a choice of times? If possible we may want to try to wander Stanley Park that morning.

Appreciate any & all info.

Cheryl

Can anyone give me an idea of what sort of procedure and timing we should expect getting from airport to hotel? When you exit the baggage (and customs area if an international flight) you should be able to spot a Princess rep who will take your luggage and lead you to the next bus. You may need to wait a little for other passengers to show up or you may leave quickly. Hard to tell in advance.

What is procedure for next day getting from hotel to ship? Will we have a choice of times? Usually no choice of times. You will be told what time your luggage must be ready and what time you need to meet for the bus.

Cheryl

see above in red

We are staying at the Westin Bayshore in Vancouver prior to our Island Princess cruise to Alaska - arranged through Princess so all transfers are included. We arrive about 1:30 in the afternoon from Orlando and I'm trying to figure out what we'll have time to do other than dinner & sleep.

Can anyone give me an idea of what sort of procedure and timing we should expect getting from airport to hotel?

What is procedure for next day getting from hotel to ship? Will we have a choice of times? If possible we may want to try to wander Stanley Park that morning.

Cheryl

First let me say that the Westin Bayshore is a terrific hotel in a beautiful location!

If you arrive here at about 1:30 p.m., you can probably count on another 30 - 45 minutes to clear Customs and collect your luggage. The Princess transfer bus, depending upon the day of the week and how many different hotels it's stopping at will take about another 40 - 60 minutes to get you to the hotel.

Once there, I'd drop my bags in the room and immediately head out to walk to Stanley Park - which you can easily do along the seawall from the hotel. Then I might return to the hotel for a rest and head out again a little later for dinner. If you head down Denman Street, there are a number of restaurants along there and if you go far enough south, you'll hit English Bay. Stick around for the sunset! You don't mention what date your cruise is, but if it's in late May to early July, it stays light here until almost 10 p.m. and there are all kinds of things to see and do around Stanley Park and English Bay right into the evening. :)

Thanks Caribill - that is pretty much what I expected - so we probably should do any sightseeing when we arrive and not leave anything for early the morning of the cruise - gonna be a long day!

First let me say that the Westin Bayshore is a terrific hotel in a beautiful location!

If you arrive here at about 1:30 p.m., you can probably count on another 30 - 45 minutes to clear Customs and collect your luggage. The Princess transfer bus, depending upon the day of the week and how many different hotels it's stopping at will take about another 40 - 60 minutes to get you to the hotel.

Once there, I'd drop my bags in the room and immediately head out to walk to Stanley Park - which you can easily do along the seawall from the hotel. Then I might return to the hotel for a rest and head out again a little later for dinner. If you head down Denman Street, there are a number of restaurants along there and if you go far enough south, you'll hit English Bay. Stick around for the sunset! You don't mention what date your cruise is, but if it's in late May to early July, it stays light here until almost 10 p.m. and there are all kinds of things to see and do around Stanley Park and English Bay right into the evening. :)

Thanks - I think I tentatlvely put 90 minutes in my schedule from when flight lands to when we are at hotel - so I didn't guess too badly!!!

We are arriving on Tuesday, May 22 so if we stay up for sunset it will be a long day - we probably have to be at the airport in Orlando near 5am and then we gain a few hours traveling to Vancouver. Hopefully the transfer from hotel to ship won't be very early.

Archived