[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]There were several questions concerning our drydock plans for [I]Azamara Journey[/I] and [I]Azamara Quest[/I]. Just so you have a clear picture of this, the [I]Quest[/I] will be in drydock in Cadiz, Spain from November 18 through December 1, 2012, and the [I]Journey[/I] will follow in Singapore from January 6 through 18, 2013. Each drydock will take between ten days and two weeks. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]As you know drydocking is a normal procedure during which routine maintenance is undertaken and sometimes special redesign and revitalization takes place, and this will be the case with our ships. During the drydocking of the [I]Quest[/I] and the [I]Journey[/I], we will not only accomplish the routine refurbishment and upgrading of public rooms and staterooms with new textiles, colors and other materials, but we will be undergoing major design changes. Call them surprises. I can’t tell you much more about them as they haven’t been finalized yet. Besides, they wouldn’t be surprises then, would they? [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]What I can tell you is that we are going for the [I]Wow [/I]factor and I’m confident you will love not only [U]where[/U] we take you (I’m referring to our [I]Destination Immersion[/I] and [I]Night Touring[/I] concepts), but you will love [U]how[/U] we take you there, and above all what you will experience aboard these already fine vessels. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]We are fortunate that our parent company has a large in-house team that includes some of the world’s most talented ship designers and builders. I like to refer to them as “imagineers” who have a passion for style, design, elegance and practicality. Additionally, we have engaged several design firms - both in North America and in Europe - who are working with us on this Azamara project. From my perspective what is being developed is a concept of a new generation of “R” class vessels - that’s the official designation for the [I]Quest[/I] and the [I]Journey[/I] - that will be our very own. As you can see, I’m excited about this and clearly I’m prejudiced. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Under the general subject of drydocking several of you have suggested some good and practical ideas. I ask you to wait until this redesign - this [I]Wow[/I] factor - is finalized and I am able to tell the world about it. I know you will be pleased. And finally, an aside to Sparky221: unless I have missed something in these new architectural plans, you will have to skip the paddle tennis, but you will love the new stuff we have up our sleeve. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Larry[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Larry Pimentel'][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]There were several questions concerning our drydock plans for [I]Azamara Journey[/I] and [I]Azamara Quest[/I]. Just so you have a clear picture of this, the [I]Quest[/I] will be in drydock in Cadiz, Spain from November 18 through December 1, 2012, and the [I]Journey[/I] will follow in Singapore from January 6 through 18, 2013. Each drydock will take between ten days and two weeks. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]As you know drydocking is a normal procedure during which routine maintenance is undertaken and sometimes special redesign and revitalization takes place, and this will be the case with our ships. During the drydocking of the [I]Quest[/I] and the [I]Journey[/I], we will not only accomplish the routine refurbishment and upgrading of public rooms and staterooms with new textiles, colors and other materials, but we will be undergoing major design changes. Call them surprises. I can’t tell you much more about them as they haven’t been finalized yet. Besides, they wouldn’t be surprises then, would they? [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]What I can tell you is that we are going for the [I]Wow [/I]factor and I’m confident you will love not only [U]where[/U] we take you (I’m referring to our [I]Destination Immersion[/I] and [I]Night Touring[/I] concepts), but you will love [U]how[/U] we take you there, and above all what you will experience aboard these already fine vessels. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]We are fortunate that our parent company has a large in-house team that includes some of the world’s most talented ship designers and builders. I like to refer to them as “imagineers” who have a passion for style, design, elegance and practicality. Additionally, we have engaged several design firms - both in North America and in Europe - who are working with us on this Azamara project. From my perspective what is being developed is a concept of a new generation of “R” class vessels - that’s the official designation for the [I]Quest[/I] and the [I]Journey[/I] - that will be our very own. As you can see, I’m excited about this and clearly I’m prejudiced. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Under the general subject of drydocking several of you have suggested some good and practical ideas. I ask you to wait until this redesign - this [I]Wow[/I] factor - is finalized and I am able to tell the world about it. I know you will be pleased. And finally, an aside to Sparky221: unless I have missed something in these new architectural plans, you will have to skip the paddle tennis, but you will love the new stuff we have up our sleeve. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Larry[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Thanks for your in-depth report on the drydocking scheduling for Journey and Quest. This now helps to explain why we weren't able to book the fall TA on Quest. :-( Sorry that we won't be able to do the TA but we are very excited and look forward to seeing the Wow factor on the ships.

Archived