standup paddle/caribbean/journey on mar18

borgerboy@aol.com

sorry for the fairly detailed question. we're excited about the west indies explorer leaving miami mar 18. having gotten hooked on standup paddling ('sup") i'm considering bringing my inflatable board. it fits (along with 3piece paddle, pump, and, and lifevest) in a large backpack. it will be a lot to carry but i can handle it and it is within my baggage allowance on the flight. (and will fit under the cabin bed).

does anyone know if there are good places to paddle in most of the ports. by good places i would say anywhere that kayaking works i should be able to "sup". some wind and waves are ok. also wondering if i should expect restrictions in using my own equipment? i'm not trying to be cheap, but in most places i have visited the sup craze hasn't caught on yet so no rentals are available. also, my traveling partner is just looking for nice beaches so i wouldn't want to limit his beach choice to somewhere i can rent a board.

i am doing research on this site and other caribbean port sites, but not getting any clear answers. thanks in advance for any info or input and looking forward to meeting many of ya'll on a great cruise.

Archived