Carnival Freedom 6 Day Review with Pictures 01/22/2012

navybaby1113

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this! It's great! I am set to sail next week and also picked the choose your own time dining....I saw where you had a little wait-was there a nereby bar to grab a drink while you waited on your table?

Just saw this! It's great! I am set to sail next week and also picked the choose your own time dining....I saw where you had a little wait-was there a nereby bar to grab a drink while you waited on your table?

The lobby bar is right there for you to have a drink.

After dinner, we went to Game Show Mania, which was held in the Victoriana Theatre. They bring 3 people up on stage and they play against each other in a trivia competition. My husband actually won this while we were on the Inspiration. Neither of us got called up on stage this time.

After Game Show Mania, we went and hung out in the Piano Bar. This is the first cruise we've been able to enjoy the Piano Bar because it was always so smoky. Doug was the piano player and was very good. Now that the bar is non-smoking, I could see us spending a lot more time in there.

423358_10101465630426723_5230340_74492722_122624124_n.jpg

After a little while, we headed back to the Victoriana Theatre to watch the Welcome Aboard show. Show was the same as always. The one thing they didn't do this cruise that I've always enjoyed in the past was announce the entertainment staff. It's always nice to see who they are before the cruise starts. Brad, the cruise director, came up on stage and he was pretty funny.

Enjoyed the show as always.

426411_10101465630496583_5230340_74492723_1208291489_n.jpg

431677_10101465630591393_5230340_74492725_1536956061_n.jpg

420391_10101465630746083_5230340_74492726_1712278365_n.jpg

419386_10101465630820933_5230340_74492729_24237976_n.jpg

After the show was done, I was a little hungry, so we checked the Fun Times to find out the location of the midnight snacks. In previous cruises, they have always opened up the grill from 11-1-ish and served food. On the Freedom though, they didn't do this. They used the sushi bar and had some small snacks down there. The choices were cheeses, olives, fruit, beef empanades, some shrimp cocktail thing, and a few dessert options. The shrimp thing was delicious! I prefer the grill midnight snacks, but it was nice to have another option than just pizza.

After we had a small snack, we headed to bed to get some sleep before Key West!

Girl thank you for this.. I will be on the same cruise/ship in 32 dayssssss.. Im have written a couple of detailed reveiws too. SO thanks for ur time and pix..

This review is amazing! My husband, a couple of friends and I are going on this ship in August for our anniversaries (our 10th, their 3rd, I think). I'm glad to see your review. We have room 7434, and it looks big on the deck plan. Yours is a similar size, so I'm glad to see that the plan accurately depicts that. Our balcony should be comparatively ginormous!

By the way, my husband and I are both FSU alumni. I graduated in 2002, he got his Master's in 2003-ish. There are quite a few of us around!

Are u m4 real.. I had that room ,and then switched it when I see n the Price drop and free Upgrade. I will just be happy with my Spa deck.. Never been that high b 4... Enjoy that cabin:p

• 9 months later...
Well, that's the end of the review, please let me know if you have any questions. I'll answer them as best as I can.

Hi Navy Baby, I have enjoyed reading your review. We are on this cruise on 2/3 and are so excited. Your pictures come up as big red X's. I would love to see the pictures, could you please send me a link?

Hi Navy Baby, I have enjoyed reading your review. We are on this cruise on 2/3 and are so excited. Your pictures come up as big red X's. I would love to see the pictures, could you please send me a link?

Not to hijack the post or anything, but I went on this same cruise as well and loved Navy Baby's review. If you want to take a peek at my review, feel free. I'm hoping my pictures still show up. The link is in my signature!

Not to hijack the post or anything, but I went on this same cruise as well and loved Navy Baby's review. If you want to take a peek at my review, feel free. I'm hoping my pictures still show up. The link is in my signature!

Hi Lovestocruise! I have only had time to read a few pages of your review but the pictures are there. Can't wait to read more! Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Okay i loved your review but I just looked at all 15 pages and can't see any pictures? never had this happen before? Any ideas? I don't even see like a thing where they might be? help really want to see the pics. Trying to decide which night to do the steakhouse. I'm thinking maybe the first night or the night after Grand Cayman (menu doesn't look that great in MDR) what would you suggest? thanks!

Okay i loved your review but I just looked at all 15 pages and can't see any pictures? never had this happen before? Any ideas? I don't even see like a thing where they might be? help really want to see the pics. Trying to decide which night to do the steakhouse. I'm thinking maybe the first night or the night after Grand Cayman (menu doesn't look that great in MDR) what would you suggest? thanks!

Sorry! I used the links from facebook when I did the review and it looks like they changed the way they have their albums set up so the pictures don't show anymore. I really wish there was an edit feature so that I could add them back. I might redo the review later to add pictures back.

I would probably do the first night. I rarely see anything I like on the menu that night.

• 11 months later...