Teen Passport Program

I apologize if this question has already been asked, but I've only been able to get the search function to work once in about 40 tries, is there some kind of trick to it? Anyway my question is, if you do not purchase the Teen Passport Program, would my son not be able to attend the Afternoon Dance and Farewell Dance that the package includes? Can you pay for these things separately (it seems strange that there would be a charge for the dances)? I don't think we would need the 20 drinks and $34.50 seems like a lot for the dances. The price also includes a guest at the afternoon dance which seems odd. Has anyone purchased this package? Also, did anyone have a teen participate in the dances and if so, how did he/she enjoy it. Any information would really be appreciated. Thanks

OK, here's the thing. You can use the passport too for smoothies or cans of soda. The kids end up sharing with their friends and works out weel. I do not know about the dances etc, because we bought the passport. My kids like those virgin frozen things...and this saved us a bundle!

We bought 2 of the passports in April on the SEA. When we purchased them I asked and the crew member selling them didn't know anything about the dances and had never heard about that program. I would just assume that there is no dance or pizza party and just purchase the teen passport to save some money on drinks.

My daughter and her friend were able to each use up about 17 coupons each, and I had a few of the non-alcoholic frozen drinks myself. The bar staff didn't seem to care who was using the free coupons.

Until we cruise again........NCL SEA 4/17/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;4;17;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Thanks for the info. Were there other teen dances and fun activities that were held for free that you didn't need the passport for? We will be cruising on the Dawn next April and I hope there will be lots of fun things for my teenage son to do either with the teen program or just on the ship in general.

My daughter and her girlfriend, both 14, had a great time. They had a cabin by themselves right next to ours. The first night at midnight they had 8 friends in the cabin for a pizza party...room service loved them all week. There were pizza parties, karoke, free hours in the arcade, disco (1-2 hours a night),pool games, ping pong, basketball, hot tubs, and just hanging out with new friends. With freestyle dining, several nights they decided just to eat with their friends. We really didn't see much of the girls during the week, except when we went into port.

I would recommend going the first night to sign up for the teen program, just so your son can get a chance to meet the other teens on board and pick up a weekly listing of teen events available. After that the teens just attend the events they want, not really a structured teen program.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;4;17;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

immargaret-Thanks for the great info. Did you have adjoining rooms? We are trying to decide the best way to go with a family of four including a 14 yr. old and 11 year old. We don't want to be too cramped but I don't think I would like to have them in a non-adjoining room and I wouldn't want to split up from my husband (even though I know technically that is what would be required). My son didn't participate in many activities on our last Disney cruise, so it will be interesting to see how this works out.

Our daughter was 14 when we cruised on the Star last summer. We didn't purchase the drink coupons as she's normally required to pay for her own drinks. She also opted out of buying the coupons herself. She loved the teen program and the kids she met. As a previous poster said, go to the Teen meeting on the first night out and sign-up your kids. They are free to check themselves in and out of any of the activities.

Viking Serenade - July 2000

Celebrity Century - July 2001

Viking Serenade - Christmas 2001

SuperStar Leo - April 2002

Norwegian Star August 2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Until we sail to Alaska on the Norwegian Star.

Ontheopenseas,

The girls (14) had the cabin right next door, but not adjoining. They were good about checking in with us and we felt comfortable with them sticking together at all times.

Margaret

Do you have to purchase the teen beverage program thing before cruising. I saw this listed on the NCL gift list which says that you have to order it two weeks before sailing, or can you buy it at anytime while on board? Marilyn icon_cool.gif

flahatch.gif

Pride of Aloha

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;20;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2005;1;8;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We have always purchased them once we got on board. I did read a post/thread once that said that if you purchased them from one of the bars that they automatically added the 15% tip to the price of the passport. We usually tour the ship and find the tables set up where they sell the passports and drink cups/stickers and have never been charged the extra 15%.

Margaret

Archived