Duty Free-Vancouver

pooh/tigger

Frankly the prices are all over the place and not necessarily a bargain. It pays to have a pretty good idea of what you would pay at home in order to make a comparison. Off the top of my head I would tend to think you might find as good or better prices at your local distributor or Costco for example.

Last year we saw a bottle of wine that I particularly like in a duty free. It was priced at $50 and while hard to find can be purchased in a BC Liquor Store for $38.00.:(

I have no idea what has happened to the retail liquor business since WA voted to take the government out of the retail sale of liquor but frankly on many items I used to find that the prices of the WA state stores were pretty much those of the Duty Free stores and stopped shopping them.

New private stores in WA haven't kicked in yet. Still the state liquor board stores until 6/1, and prices are what they've always been.

I've had the same basic experience on prices at the Indian reservation stores as well, they pretty much are the same as the state stores.

Just don't buy your liquor at the BC liquor stores. Their provincial stores are even more expensive than the Washington state stores (which I hadn't thought possible!).

New private stores in WA haven't kicked in yet. Still the state liquor board stores until 6/1, and prices are what they've always been.

I've had the same basic experience on prices at the Indian reservation stores as well, they pretty much are the same as the state stores.

Just don't buy your liquor at the BC liquor stores. Their provincial stores are even more expensive than the Washington state stores (which I hadn't thought possible!).

Believe it, it's possible! Sad but true. We have to find some way of funding those nice pensions for the poiticians.:mad:

Believe it, it's possible! Sad but true. We have to find some way of funding those nice pensions for the poiticians.:mad:

Hey, it's a "sin" tax.... I just know that I can purchase a case of six 1.75 litre bottles of vodka here in AZ for what I pay for two 1.14 litre bottles at home in Sechelt. Little wonder that I stand in shock in front of the check out when I first come home in April.:eek:

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks.

Only ones I'd be looking at are vodka's, Kahlua, and Bailey's

Don't forget Crown Royal and I suppose other Canadian bottled liquor. A couple of years ago, I got what I thought was a killer price at the Duty Free Shop in Windsor, Ont. They had 4 x 1 L bottles of Crown Royal in a nice Crown Royal packpack for only $45.

Archived