From Fira to Red Beach and back

Anguillafan

Red Beach is pretty far from Fira (when considering distances on the island) and if there is a bus that goes near that beach you can be certain that it does not run very often. When we want to go out to that part of the island we usually find it just makes sense to rent a car for the day which allows us to do several things without worrying about finding a taxi (not easy outside of Fira) or waiting for a bus.

Hank

Thanks. That's what I was afraid of. But I'm appreciative, because I'm more afraid of getting stranded near Red Beach with no way to get back to the cruise.

We're going to walk from Fira to Oia, or Oia to Fira, depending on how we work this out. Either way, the rental car will not end up in Fira based on our original plans. So, what we need to do is rent the car in Fira, see (and also hike) Red Beach, drive back to Fira and drop off the car so we can taxi to Oia, have lunch, and walk back to Fira. Or, we can walk to Oia in the morning first, have lunch in Oia, taxi or bus back to Fira, then get the rental car for the round trip to Red Beach. I wonder if it's a problem getting a rental car mid-day.

Lydia

Archived