Home Lines employees/memories?

:)hi sueseaq yes what a great thread this is on home lines yes i did come to new york on saturdays to see our men also waited for my wed night call from bermuda me and my girlfriends would cry for a least a whole monthe when we returned home. My dad worked for a major bank here in phila and he was a courier who tralved every day to new york one of his stops was the world trade center (god bless it) and home lines had their office there and he would deliver mail and packages for me and my girlfriends i will never forget those days and all of the wonderful friends we made on board. I subscribe to a magazine called cruise travel and back in the days you were able to order vhs videos of different cruise ships i think i might have one on the "atlantic" i have to look thru all of my memoirs and i will let you know. So nice to chat with you and someone that i could relate the same experience and feelings. Take care crusinsue

Hi Cruisinsue, Yes I also remember mailing correspondence to my friend to (as he put it) "uno" World Trade Center, God Bless it is right. Do you think it is still possible to obtain any videos from the Atlantic, Homeric? Do you still subscribe to that magazine? It would be incredible, I'd be able to show my daughter how really great cruising was back then. I too have decided that these days Princess is the only lines that in some very small way reminds me of Home Lines. Have only been on 1 Princess cruise so far, but look forward to more.:)

Have a great day!

Sue

Edited by SueseaQ

Hi Sue found the videos this past wk end one is called sunway cruising and it is on the Atlantic and the other is called Home Lines the most beautiful ship to Bermuda I think it has the Homeric on that one I havent looked at them in such a long time. I can also transfer to a dvd. I never put one out on the internet but I will find out how. I have been crusing with Princess and this August will be my eighth cruise with Princess out of Brooklyn Im a platimum member and I do enjoy crusing with them but again Home Lines will always be my heart. Take care. Sue

Hi Sue, if you can get those videos on the internet that would really be great. I would just love to see them. Let us know if you are able to do it. I enjoyed sailing with Princess too. I liked them better than Celebrity and NCL and like I mentioned hope to be able to cruise with Princess again soon. I thought Princess was about as close as you can get to Home Lines these days, though our dear Home Lines was definitely in a class of it's own! :) Take care,

Sue

Hi sue i will ask someone how to go about doing the videos i might have to transfer from vhs to dvd i do have the dvr recorder just give me a few weeks i have been working a 10 hr day i work for a major financial institution and im traing in a new area after my regular job. So bear with me i will keep in contact. I really want everyone to see them take care sue;)

Hi Sue,

Thanks so much, take your time, when you get to it, you get to it. It will really be great to see, but my goodness you are really going to need a cruise very soon after working all those hours! :eek: But really, thank you so much for your efforts. :) Take it easy.

Sue

Just found this site,,,our very first cruise was on the Atlantic out of NY,,,year was 1982,,,we loved it so much went back again the next year. Honestly don't remember any of the crews names,,just know we loved them all and had such a great time with them.

My DH and I rented a scooter and me being me got nervous that we were on the wrong side of the road and tipped the scooter over...well I bruised my knee a little and our deck steward couldn't stop yelling at him,,was so funny.

I think the Home Lines were great,,food was wonderful and the crew were also wonderful,,,,have many fond memories of those two cruises to Bermuda...We don't live in our native NY anymore,,,transplants to Fla..so now we cruise out of Fla. Just recently did a Princess,,the Crown out of Fll. nice cruise,,but we are more loyal to Celebrity and Royal Cribbean...

Nice hearing about the Atlantic and remembering fond memories...:)

Hi all. Finally getting back into the groove after the holidays. CrusinSue, I remember a cabin boy who later became a cabin steward whose name was Giuseppe Guarragi . Also, another cabin boy(later a steward) who could have been out of GQ named Giuseppe, but went by the name Nino. Any chance these are the same 2 guys you are talking about????

Edited by ArubaGal

Hi All, Hope your holidays were nice. Does anyone know if there are any "official" Home Lines reunions to take place? Sometime before the holidays, some of us talked about getting together for our own reunion, possibly in NYC. Is anyone still interested? Cruisinsue, if we get one together hope you can join us!

Take Care,

Sue

Hi Arubagal thanks so much for that information it is such a small world. It seems like I was just there on Home Lines since Ive found this site. Seems like we all have about the same stories to tell what a great time in my life. Its been so nice talking to you. Crusinsue;)

Hope it's OK to jump into this thread. This is Pat, Michele's friend from Boston. Last time we talked was in April 2008. Do you remember? Just wanted to tell you that I'm finally getting on a cruise ship again after MANY years. I'm going to Alaska in September on Holland America's MS Westerdam. I'm so excited; it feels like the first cruise I took way back in the '80's.

This cruise is for knitters, spinners and beaders, all things I love, so even though I'm getting on the ship alone, I know I'll have a great time taking classes and meeting other folks who enjoy these things! I'll also get to see my niece who lives in Seattle the day before the ship leaves. The only thing missing will be those Italians; but then I can't have everything!

Have you ever been on the Westerdam or cruised to Alaka? If so, I'd love to hear about it.

Doric Sept.5th 1981(Captain Alberto Marossa) Atlantic August 20th 1983 (Captain Giovanni Ruffini ) Atlantic June 29th 1985 (Captain Franco Mariotti) Atlantic June 30th 1986 (Captain Giordano Stefani) Homeric June 28th 1987 (Captain Salvatore Musumeci)

Wasn't the new Homeric something...she was beautiful, esp by yesterdays standards. She was innovative and different and elegant. The Oceanic will always be my favorite. Like your first love. :) My 1st cruise was Oceanic in Sept 1978. March 1979 and May 1979.From that point it's a blur, 2 or 3 cruises a year, on all the ships except the Doric. Did 2 long winter cruises on Oceanic out of FL also. Several on Atlantic, including the cruise to now where they offered. Ending with the Homeric in Oct 1987. (i sailed on her 3x). I feel like I should have had stock in Home Lines. They sure got enough of my money:rolleyes:. But, I had a great ride. Oh well.

We now cruise with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. Love Celebrity. Have not cruised with Princess but am interested in doing so one day.

Many many years ago, tried NCL(yuk) and the way old Carnival ships(girls trips, 4 to an inside cabin--double yuk) When Carnival ditched those old rust buckets, their product improved, but not to standards I had set due to Home lines experience. In all fairness, have not sailed on Carnival in over 10 years, so I cannot fairly judge them. I have friends who love them, and friends who have not enjoyed their experience. Different ships for different folks.

Arubagal yes I do agree that the Homeric was beautiful and elegant I have also cruised Celebrity,Costa and now this August 13,2009 will be my 8th cruise with PRINCESS out of Brooklyn my first cruise with Princess was in 2001 on the Original Love Boat the Pacific Princess to Bermuda then ran it for 2 years out of Manhattan because it was a smaller ship but very elegant too then they retired her from Princess and sold her to a European co. Then I sailed the Grand Princess Golden Princess to Canada and New England which is a beautiful and relaxing cruise the scenery is absolutly awesome and then I sailed the Crown Princess twice to the eastern caribbean 9days going to Bermuda,St.Thomas,San Juan and the Turk Island with a private beach at Margariteville which is so much fun it also has a pool by the restaurant, shopping and the beach which faces the ship and of course the bar Last year I cruised on the Caribbean Princess to the same islands which I just love and also again this year. I really do enjoy Princess their ships are also very elegant if fact two years ago I met on of my waiters that I had on the Atlantic by the name of Flavio it was so amazing to see him he was still so sweet a little older but just like how I remenbered him on the Atlantic. I really do enjoy the 9 days too and so easy to get to Brooklyn from Phila. we rent a limo and we are usually there by 11 am and on board by the latest 12 15 pm their check in and disembrakment is wonderful. But like all Homes Lines will always be my heart.:o

Arubagal yes I do agree that the Homeric was beautiful and elegant I have also cruised Celebrity,Costa and now this August 13,2009 will be my 8th cruise with PRINCESS out of Brooklyn my first cruise with Princess was in 2001 on the Original Love Boat the Pacific Princess to Bermuda then ran it for 2 years out of Manhattan because it was a smaller ship but very elegant too then they retired her from Princess and sold her to a European co. Then I sailed the Grand Princess Golden Princess to Canada and New England which is a beautiful and relaxing cruise the scenery is absolutly awesome and then I sailed the Crown Princess twice to the eastern caribbean 9days going to Bermuda,St.Thomas,San Juan and the Turk Island with a private beach at Margariteville which is so much fun it also has a pool by the restaurant, shopping and the beach which faces the ship and of course the bar Last year I cruised on the Caribbean Princess to the same islands which I just love and also again this year. I really do enjoy Princess their ships are also very elegant if fact two years ago I met on of my waiters that I had on the Atlantic by the name of Flavio it was so amazing to see him he was still so sweet a little older but just like how I remenbered him on the Atlantic. I really do enjoy the 9 days too and so easy to get to Brooklyn from Phila. we rent a limo and we are usually there by 11 am and on board by the latest 12 15 pm their check in and disembrakment is wonderful. But like all Homes Lines will always be my heart.:o

Hi Crusinsue,

It is so funny to read what you have written, it sounds just like my sister and I. We started out with 2 cruises on the Oceanic in 1984 and 1985. We too have done all the cruises that you have done with Princess and more. We were on the Pacific Princess for the July 4th week cruise in 2000, and again for the July 4th week cruise in 2001. When we were on that, it reminded us so much of the Oceanic and the matre'd and some waiters were originally from the Oceanic. When we walked into the dining room the first day, the matre'd said to us you are the sisters that were on the Oceanic. We then sailed the Grand Princess to Canada/New England in September 2004. Our next cruises were on the New Crown Princess to the Eastern Caribbean and Bermuda in 2006 and 2007, both were July 4th weeks again. Our last cruise was on the Caribbean Princess August 31, 2008 to Canada/New England again. You have to tell us if you were on any of our cruises and we may have met on one of them.

To everyone else,

We have not been on in a while, but if you are still planning on getting together, we are still interested in meeting all of you.

Nancy and Linda

Hi Cruising Sisters so nice to read your thread it really brings us back to such good memories and such good times I haved sailed with Princess the first time on the Pacific Princess Aug 2000 and July 27th 2001 Grand Princess to New England Sept 9,2004 the Golden Princess Sept 2005 the Crown Princess August 19,2006 and August 2007,Caribbean Princess August 15,2008 and August 13,2009 met a waiter on the Grand Princess from home lines also. Let me know if you are planning any more Princess Cruises. Take care Sue:)