Wedding on RCCL Independence - Any advice?

FloJo24

Hi

We're getting married on board a 4 night cruise (Southampton to Cork) on the 6th May 2012.

We have around 40 guests joining us on the cruise including 8 children.

To date we have booked the ceremony for 4.30pm in the Chapel and a Champagne Canopey reception in a private area(?).

We had hoped to book tables at one of the speciality restaurants in the evening but not sure we can do this for the number of people we have!

Has anyone got married on the IOS? Any advice?

My concerns at the moment are

- Will it be a really really short service?

- Are the hairdressers good? (I want extensions putting in and then big curls)

- Can they do your make up?

- What is the photographer like? Any good?

- Am I ok to bring favours and have place cards at the table?

- Are the cakes nice? (I've ordered a two tier cake)

- Did any one do the rose or hand ceremony?

- Will my daughter be allowed to do a reading at the wedding?

- Can I bring my own music to the wedding ceremony and champagne reception?

I was getting on fine with Royal Romance (despite some of the stories I've read) but now RCCL have changed to their own service I'm getting nowhere! I send and email and get no response until I've been chasing them for 3 weeks! RR always emailed me back the same day!

Sorry its long but I want to make sure we have a perfect day so any advice would definatel be appreciated.

Hi

We had hoped to book tables at one of the speciality restaurants in the evening but not sure we can do this for the number of people we have!

My understanding this CAN be done. I didn't have that many guests so we didn't look into it. Talk to your TA, not the wedding department.

Has anyone got married on the IOS? Any advice?

I did when it was in the US a few years ago, I will answer what I can...

My concerns at the moment are

- Will it be a really really short service?

They will discuss with you want you want to include, some things will male it last a little longer. Mine was about 20 mins.

- Are the hairdressers good? (I want extensions putting in and then big curls)

- Can they do your make up?

- What is the photographer like? Any good?

I really liked our photographer at the time... then I felt a little let down that some pictures I wanted didn't come out or were not suggested by the photographer and I didnt think of them... try and have a check list of important photos you want, and also if you want "getting ready" photos you need to set that up in advance.

- Am I ok to bring favours and have place cards at the table?

Yes you can bring favours... USA has different customs so that you will need to look into if you want eatable favours or something. As for place cards I am sure you can but it might prove to be more of a headache than it is worth... the bride and groom (and wedding party) dont go straight to the reception, they do a few pictures first so someone would need to place them for you.

- Are the cakes nice? (I've ordered a two tier cake)

I wish I can answer this... Long Story but again it was a USA thing and also TWE

- Did any one do the rose or hand ceremony?

I have heard the Rose or Sand Ceremonies are very nicely done... again TWE diabolic for me.. hand ceremony?

- Will my daughter be allowed to do a reading at the wedding?

As far as I know Yes....

- Can I bring my own music to the wedding ceremony and champagne reception?

Yes, some say it needs to be on the original CDs meaning bringing a handful or better. I was able to use a burned CD that I made myself... but I did have the originals with me if there was a problem

I was getting on fine with Royal Romance (despite some of the stories I've read) but now RCCL have changed to their own service I'm getting nowhere! I send and email and get no response until I've been chasing them for 3 weeks! RR always emailed me back the same day!

Sorry its long but I want to make sure we have a perfect day so any advice would definatel be appreciated.

Best Wishes

Thanks for the information its a real help.

Can't wait for the wedding but sometimes its hard not having complete control and with some of the stories I've read about TWE I'm a bit worried that when we get on ship everything we think we've planned will go out the window!!!

I've printed off every email to take with us so fingers crossed we'll have not problems!

Thanks again

FloJo x

glad you could understand my reply... I was 1/2 asleep when I wrote it. and reading it back I can see some of my mistakes... LOL

please make sure you have a copy of your contract with you for the wedding. Have someone else hold it for you or in the grooms pocket... just so it is on hand. I don't think the mistakes that happened with me will happen for anyone else but some of my bigger problems could have been solved by having the contract on hand.

Also I am "an organizer" type personality and it was very hard for me to give up control. I have learned since my wedding people who like to be in control or are the organizing type can focus on other things like favors, guest books (there are some very unique ideas out there for guest books). Making a list of must have photos, such as, trash the dress (might be able to be done in a pool), getting ready photos, photos with certain people or different places on the ship, etc etc. Finding the right music. there are a lot of things you can focus on...

Archived