We need ideas for a fun day in Saint Maarten with a 3 yr old

karid08

Hello,

This will be our first time to the eastern caribbean and our second cruise. We'll be cruising on the Oasis at the end of March with our almost 3 yr old daughter and would love to get some tips on what to do there. We'll dock at Philisburg.

We'll be doing the beach in Nassau and I think in St Thomas too so I think we could skip the beach here, unless you think it is something not to be missed. I've heard both, St Marteen and St Thomas have beautiful beaches, but if you had to chose one for a nice quiet beach with calm water (for my daughter), which one would you pick?

I don't think a tour would really work for us, considering the fact that with a toddler you can't really be tied down to a schedule. Still, we'd like to do some sightseeing, I'm thinking we could take cabs from place to place?

I don't think Maho beach would work, because our daughter would freak out with the noise. Also no to the butterfly farm or any scuba.

We really enjoy talking to the locals and really learning about the culture, if that gives you an idea of our interests.

Also, I believe it's going to be a very busy day, with I think 8 ships on port :(

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Hello,

This will be our first time to the eastern caribbean and our second cruise. We'll be cruising on the Oasis at the end of March with our almost 3 yr old daughter and would love to get some tips on what to do there. We'll dock at Philisburg.

We'll be doing the beach in Nassau and I think in St Thomas too so I think we could skip the beach here, unless you think it is something not to be missed. I've heard both, St Marteen and St Thomas have beautiful beaches, but if you had to chose one for a nice quiet beach with calm water (for my daughter), which one would you pick?

I don't think a tour would really work for us, considering the fact that with a toddler you can't really be tied down to a schedule. Still, we'd like to do some sightseeing, I'm thinking we could take cabs from place to place?

I don't think Maho beach would work, because our daughter would freak out with the noise. Also no to the butterfly farm or any scuba.

We really enjoy talking to the locals and really learning about the culture, if that gives you an idea of our interests.

Also, I believe it's going to be a very busy day, with I think 8 ships on port :(

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Le Galion beach is perfect for small children. There is also St. Maarten park and zoo. The new Carousel is something that a small child would love. The building and Carousel is spectacular and the ice cream is amazing.

Archived