Unpacked Luggage

Oz35

May seem like a ridiculous question but with the tight space in the different size cabins, what happens to the suitcases after we have unpacked. I am doubtful that one of ours would fit under the bed if that is the usual solution. Please don't tell us to pack light for two weeks plus away from home. Thanks. :confused:

The clearance under the bed is 10". The closet (for standard balconied cabins on Oceania ships) is divided into sections, 23" wide x 23" deep (outside dimensions). As with planes and trains, there are limits to the luggage you can carry (explicit in lbs and inches in the case of planes, and implicit in what can fit or be stored in the case of ship cabins) for the category of seat/cabin you book. So if you insist on having more luggage, you can always book a larger suite! Hope this helps.

Thank you SeaCCruiser for your very kind comment. We are delighted to see that our tape measurements are appreciated by some who need them. For a detailed account of the basic balconied cabin on Oceania, everyone is invited to read our thread "Barcelona to Venice April 10-24 Part I" at the beginning of this Oceania column (around end of April, 2004).

Guest kcruisin

Don't know where you are flying from or what airline but most limit you to 2 checked bags apeiece weighing no more than 70 lbs each. They WILL weigh them on checkin and it costs $40 for overweight bags. You can carry on one smaller piece each along with a pocektbook/backpack/laptop. You can store the smaller suitcases under the bed but the cabin steward will take the larger ones away and they will reappear the day before you leave the ship. Oceania is the only line we have ever sailed that offered this for peons in the balcony cabins. Don't feel guilty - I am one of those hefty packers that likes to have more clothes and less days at the laundry room! BTW, if anyone is cruising for the first time there is a list of must haves that comes in very handy.

Glad to see other fellow Texans traveling with Oceania. Anyway, you referenced a list of must haves for first time cruisers. My wife and I are on the 11/7 cruise from Barcelona to Athens and would love any information on things that you suggest are must haves. Thank you.

Guest kcruisin

Hi dbuono!

If you would like to email me at karen.colquitt@comcast.net I will send you the list that way or if you prefer it posted I will do so some time tomorrow or Thursday. We are leaving Saturday so I have a few errands to run but I promise to send it to you before we leave. We have found it invaluable.

Karen

Guest kcruisin

This list is composed of all the great ideas collected from these boards over the last few years. They are all great ideas and I have used and appreciated them all!

THINGS NOT TO FORGET FOR A CRUISE

An Extension Cord and two multi-plug outlets

Night Light

Spray and plug in room deodorizes

A small travel umbrella and travel fold up raincoat

Inexpensive throw away ponchos to tuck away in pocketbook.

Various sizes of zip lock bags (I now pack all loose items in them in the suitcases since anyone can be going through them. This way nothing can fall out and get lost)

Downey Wrinkle Free spray and All Revitalizes cloths. (You can freshen up delicates in the dryer in a few minutes with the All cloths)

Hanging Shoe Bag – you can hang it inside the bathroom door and each pocket can hold all toiletries neatly and at a glance.

Small collapsible cooler (to take food to go or keep water cold on the bus for the return trip)

Copies of credit cards, passports, cruise documents, airline tickets, etc. (I keep a copy of my husbands papers in my wallet, he mine in his and then we keep a third copy in the room. I also leave a copy at home with one of my children)

Travel mug and/or cold drink cup with lid and straw to bring to pool etc.

Post it notes and highlighter.

Archived