Dream cabin selection.....

calee

I'm planning to upgrade to either a category CC or a BA on the Dream for my upcoming 5/19 cruise and I'm looking for a little help from anyone familiar with the Dream to share any pros and cons with these categories. I like the idea of having the balcony but an also wondering how nice the CC's are with the floor to ceiling windows........anyone ????

We were on the Dream In November.We did upgrade to a CC it was considered a suite. It was a great room, we had to walk thru the casio and the theater which was not a problem most of the time. However if you need to get to the other end of the ship during a show you will need to go up or down to get across.

It cost us $75.00 each to up grade.

Hope this helps,

Fiorita:)

At least as of now, the upgrade to a balcony would be considerably more than to a CC. The CC is bigger than other outside cabins, and does have the larger window (although some CC's have different shape windows than others). Don't know if it's still true, but on our fall 2002 trans-Atlantic, the room service menu was better (hot breakfasts, among other things) for CC passengers than for lesser cabin categories. For $75-100 per person, a CC would be well worth it over a C, IMHO.

I'm planning to upgrade to either a category CC or a BA on the Dream for my upcoming 5/19 cruise

Good Afternoon Calee,

Have you had an offer to upgrade through NCL or your TA?

I see that the Port of New Orleans is expecting the Dream to arrive at 1600 today.

I'm planning to upgrade to either a category CC or a BA on the Dream for my upcoming 5/19 cruise and I'm looking for a little help from anyone familiar with the Dream to share any pros and cons with these categories. I like the idea of having the balcony but an also wondering how nice the CC's are with the floor to ceiling windows........anyone ???

If you can afford the balcony, go for it! We've had balcony cabins on our Alaska cruises and we wouldn't go with anything less. There's so much to see (even early in the morning), that it's great just to be able to pop out on your balcony and take pictures while waiting for the rest of the family to get done with morning showers, etc. Also, order room service breakfast to get a "pre-breakfast" so you can have your morning coffee or tea (or yogurt, fruits, danish), while leisurely getting ready for a full breakfast in the dining room or buffet. There is so much beautiful scenery that you don't want to miss a minute of it!

Archived