Attn:carnival magic brides!!! Help please!

Hi everyone, I'm new here, and in the beginning stages of planning a wedding aboard the Carnival Magic out of Galveston, TX. We aren't sure if we will be married in port, before the ship departs, or while at sea, but any pictures or information from past Magic brides would be very appreciated. I am looking for Galveston hotel suggestions, recommendations for hair and makeup in Galveston, pictures of the ship's ceremony site(s), and anything else you can share with me about your Magic wedding experience. Thank you!!! :D darylannkturner@gmail.com

Hi Darylann,

I am also a Carnival Magic bride! I will be married on embarkation day May 20, 2012. (Just hit double digits a few day ago!! Yay!!) I don't believe there are any past Magic brides on here just yet. I do know that there are a few about to be married. With Magic being a new ship (just began sailing in May 2011) and just coming to Galveston (November 2011) there hasn't been much time for weddings.

I will though, tell you what I know. First of, Carnival does not allow you to be married at sea. You have to do it either on embarkation day or at a port.

As for hotel, we are staying at the Holiday Inn Express. It is a beautiful hotel on the seawall (beach front). I live less than an hour from Galveston and have been there millions of times. I know that there are a few great hotels including San Luis Resort, Hotel Galvez and Moody Garden Hotel, but they can be very pricey. Also, many hotels have 2 night minimums on the weekends. There are also many other hotels and most are very nice. We choose Holiday Inn Express because it is very affordable plus we already know it is clean and well kept hotel.

With hair and makeup I can give you some ideas but I have not actually scheduled mine yet. I originally wanted to use San Luis Spa and Salon for hair and makeup because it is right next to Holiday Inn. But, they will not book appointments until 3 months before so I have a few more days to wait. My entire bridal party and I, 3 bridesmaids and a flower girl, will have hair and makeup (excluding flower girl) done and San Luis told me they could not guarantee they would be able to do us all in time. So, I began looking at other places. Right now I have 3 other options in mind, Happy For You Salon, Belle Cherie (out of Houston but will travel to your hotel), and Hotel Galvez. I am still trying to narrow it down. I wanted to be able to have airbrush makeup to make sure it would last all day. But after seeing most places prices I'm not sure I will be doing that. There are also many other places I have been told were good including LuLu's Salon and Atmosphere Salon.

I toured the ship in January and somehow most of my pictures were deleted. I will share with you what I have though. I will email them to you because It will not let me post them. I guess they are too big.

There were 2 weddings going on when I went. One was in the conference room which is some of the pictures I am missing. The conference room is all blue. It is a small and simple room. They have 2 pillars with white flowers at the end of the isle and that is all the decorations Carnival provides.

One of the receptions was in the piano bar, also lost pictures, It was very nice but once again for a small wedding.

We are having our reception in Vibe Dance Club because we booked the DJ. And we have requested the Spotlight Lounge for our wedding.

Just a little bit more about what I am doing. I am bring my own silk flowers for bouquets boutonnieres. I am also decorating the cake myself with silk flowers and ribbon. I booked the DJ but I am still providing him with our first dance song. We booked the Deluxe Romance Package which comes with

hors d'oeuvres and a 1 1/2 hour reception with open bar. The DJ only uses the dance club so if you book him you automatically have you reception there. I am bringing fortune cookie favors for my guest (there is a story behind it). I am also bringing a canvas photo to use as our guest book.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to help. I call the wedding department all the time so I have probably asked every question anyone could ask.

Hi everyone, I'm new here, and in the beginning stages of planning a wedding aboard the Carnival Magic out of Galveston, TX. We aren't sure if we will be married in port, before the ship departs, or while at sea, but any pictures or information from past Magic brides would be very appreciated. I am looking for Galveston hotel suggestions, recommendations for hair and makeup in Galveston, pictures of the ship's ceremony site(s), and anything else you can share with me about your Magic wedding experience. Thank you!!! :D darylannkturner@gmail.com

Welcome! I just sent you the pictures that my coordinator sent me. We are having our wedding on embarkation day, that way people who don't want to go on the cruise can still come to wedding. We will be staying at the Comfort Suites in Galveston, TX. Free breakfast, free parking, and a shuttle were my key factors in finding a hotel. Depending on what time of year you are going the hotels are pricey. I am using Thalio Beckham Makeup Artistry for my hair and makeup ( they come to you). I am really picky about who touches my hair, so I was willing to pay a little extra on that part. Have fun planning and don't get too stressed out!

Welcome! I just sent you the pictures that my coordinator sent me. We are having our wedding on embarkation day, that way people who don't want to go on the cruise can still come to wedding. We will be staying at the Comfort Suites in Galveston, TX. Free breakfast, free parking, and a shuttle were my key factors in finding a hotel. Depending on what time of year you are going the hotels are pricey. I am using Thalio Beckham Makeup Artistry for my hair and makeup ( they come to you). I am really picky about who touches my hair, so I was willing to pay a little extra on that part. Have fun planning and don't get too stressed out!

OMG I found Thalio's website last week, and yes he is fabulous!!! If he is already scheduled the day I choose to get married, I will probably book a cruise for a different day. I can't wait for him to get his talented hands on my face, lol, and my hair too! I too will have some guests who may not be sailing, so we will be married on embarkation day. Thank you so much!!!!

So we didn't get married on the Magic (Oasis in 2010) but we were just on the Magic last month and we loved the ship!!! I'm not sure if any of you have been on it yet, but you guys picked a great one to get married on!! We also had a blast in Galveston and stayed at the Four Points on the seawall. It was definitely a nice hotel and didn't require a 2 night minimum. We got a rate of $99/night. If the fog hadn't taken over Galveston the 2 days we were there, we would have had a great view of the gulf right from the hotel!!! Have so much fun and the best advice I can give any bride (especially destination ones) is to really take in the moment. My now husband and I made sure we just took a minute or two to really take in the fact that we are getting married in a beautiful place and we had amazing people willing to travel just to celebrate us. It goes by so fast!!!

So we didn't get married on the Magic (Oasis in 2010) but we were just on the Magic last month and we loved the ship!!! I'm not sure if any of you have been on it yet, but you guys picked a great one to get married on!! We also had a blast in Galveston and stayed at the Four Points on the seawall. It was definitely a nice hotel and didn't require a 2 night minimum. We got a rate of $99/night. If the fog hadn't taken over Galveston the 2 days we were there, we would have had a great view of the gulf right from the hotel!!! Have so much fun and the best advice I can give any bride (especially destination ones) is to really take in the moment. My now husband and I made sure we just took a minute or two to really take in the fact that we are getting married in a beautiful place and we had amazing people willing to travel just to celebrate us. It goes by so fast!!!

I have seen a ton of pictures, and read a lot about the Magic, but I have not been on it before. In fact, I have never been on a cruise before, so I am REALLY excited. So glad to hear positive thoughts about the ship. Thanks for the tips! :)

• 7 months later...

I cruised on the Magic August 2012... it was AWESOME! My fiance proposed to me on that trip so now we are planning our Carnival Magic wedding for Summer 2014. We will be taking the "tour" of the ship to check out the wedding venues soon. I would love to hear all about your wedding and see pictures.

rhon68@sbcglobal.net

Thanks and Congrats on your wedding.

Archived