Should I allow automatic cabin upgrade?

Newbie question: I have made my booking on the Pacific Dawn for August and have been allocated cabin P136 on deck 5. Should I lock that in or accept automatic upgrade? I chose deck 5 as it should be a) out of the the way of any noisy venues or activities and b) locted near amidship on a lower deck should feel less yaw and roll in rough seas. On the other hand the term upgrade has a nice ring to it! :D

Newbie question: I have made my booking on the Pacific Dawn for August and have been allocated cabin P136 on deck 5. Should I lock that in or accept automatic upgrade? I chose deck 5 as it should be a) out of the the way of any noisy venues or activities and b) locted near amidship on a lower deck should feel less yaw and roll in rough seas. On the other hand the term upgrade has a nice ring to it! :D

Its a hard one to comment on. An Upgrade sure sounds nice, but its not always for the best. You could get a higher grade cabin, but its location may not be desirable.

If you have picked out the spot you want , why give it up to someone else?

We always try to select , mid ships, mid deck, and just around the corner from the stairs and lift.

Hi Quicksilver925kzy! Probably the only person who can really make that decision is you. And you're right, an upgrade does sound nice, but there is no way to control where they will put you. Plus, once they've moved you, you can't move back. This is just my opinion, but I think seeing as how you figured out exactly where you want to stay on the ship, I wouldn't select the option of receiving of the upgrade. That way you can go, knowing exactly what to expect. :)

I always knock them back .. apart from one time and it got us one deck higher but under a potentially noisy area ... luckily we didn't notice it but we have friends who were upgraded on Princess and ended up under the kitchen area in the buffet and were woken up really early every morning to the sound of pots and pans being tossed around in the kitchen. No thanks !!

Archived