Le Harve docking

Jason12

Hi Jason,

First love your blog, it was brilliant. Last year she docked on the Starboard side. But last year Vision or Voyager was there as well so I don't know if there will be another ship in which will affect the side we dock.

Also if there is a Royal ship in port at the time Indy turns up be prepared to be woken up at early doors with their horn blasting to each other.

Please do come on this one it will actually be nice to meet you as I am on this one for May this year. Join the roll call and you will see that there is a bunch of us that do this cruise almost every year and we meet up at the Schooners bar at 3pm for a sail away drink.

CK x

Hi Jason,

First love your blog, it was brilliant. Last year she docked on the Starboard side. But last year Vision or Voyager was there as well so I don't know if there will be another ship in which will affect the side we dock.

Also if there is a Royal ship in port at the time Indy turns up be prepared to be woken up at early doors with their horn blasting to each other.

Please do come on this one it will actually be nice to meet you as I am on this one for May this year. Join the roll call and you will see that there is a bunch of us that do this cruise almost every year and we meet up at the Schooners bar at 3pm for a sail away drink.

CK x

Thanks,

Yes we will be on this one woohoo.

Jason

Oh how exciting can't wait to meet you.

I am only going on what happened last year though but there are only two berths at the port.

I would also suggest you do some excursions as there is not much to do in the port itself and it is a bit of a walk to get to the town about 20 minutes I think it took us. You can go in to Paris but it is 3 hours by train and about 2 1/2 by coach. We have seen everything there so we are not getting off. I would recommend doing one of the battlefields tours where you go to the beaches and the war memorials. We did this a few years ago as a family holiday but not as a cruise and it was amazing.

Any more info just let me know.

CK x

CK x

I will be on pool deck from 12 noon most days signing autographs and posing for photos. :D

if the weathers kind we will be going into Paris by train on day 2, but its meant to be a lazy few days.

Jason

I am only going on what happened last year though but there are only two berths at the port.

I would also suggest you do some excursions as there is not much to do in the port itself and it is a bit of a walk to get to the town about 20 minutes I think it took us. You can go in to Paris but it is 3 hours by train and about 2 1/2 by coach. We have seen everything there so we are not getting off. I would recommend doing one of the battlefields tours where you go to the beaches and the war memorials. We did this a few years ago as a family holiday but not as a cruise and it was amazing.

Any more info just let me know.

CK x

We love to take the train to Rouen, the place where Joan of Arc was burned at the stake.

It's a short ride to to train station, and about a half hour ride to Gare Rouen. From the train station there, check the city map, and enjoy a wonderful day of walking, and trying some of the wonderful foods.

We will be back in September!!

Rick

I will be on pool deck from 12 noon most days signing autographs and posing for photos. :D

if the weathers kind we will be going into Paris by train on day 2, but its meant to be a lazy few days.

Jason

If you want to can you adjust your autograph signing to the Schooners bar at 3pm? We will definitely be there as we meet our fellow Cruisers there for a pre-muster drinks.

Paris by train is a little hectic, we did it last year and made it back to the ship with an hour to spare before sail away :eek:

It's about 2 hours there and 2 hours back and there isn't a shuttle bus that takes you to the station you have to walk and it's about a 20 minute journey each way out the port. The port town isn't that exciting really either. I remember reading in your blog you were more the get out and do it yourself kind of people so it is an option for you but Le Havre is more of a working port then a tourist port.

CK x

Archived