Cancellation- Can I request a check?

I book 1 year or more out, making small payments every month, which helps me budget.

I need to cancel a cruise I have booked, I am outside of final payment. I have used three credit cards, one of which I no longer have, one which was a $500 VISA gift card, which has since expired.

Can I request a check for the full amount I have paid instead of having each credit card credited back individually, the way they usually do it?

Gosh, I don't know the answer to your question but I hope you are able to get a refund. I am sure that must have been a hard decision to cancel, for whatever reason, after you've made payments over a year's time. I wish you the best and I honestly hope you do not have a problem getting reimbursed with a check from the cruise line. I know that there are policies but I sure hope they take into account individual circumstances from time to time.

Best,

Sunny

I book 1 year or more out, making small payments every month, which helps me budget.

I need to cancel a cruise I have booked, I am outside of final payment. I have used three credit cards, one of which I no longer have, one which was a $500 VISA gift card, which has since expired.

Can I request a check for the full amount I have paid instead of having each credit card credited back individually, the way they usually do it?

Perhaps you might want to have them issue you a credit, so when you take yur next cruise you don't have to pay over a year again

You probably need to talk directly to reservations. This happened once with us, and the problem comes with the expired card and the gift card. They have no direct way to credit those charges back, and they get confused. We ended up having about eight different attempts to get the proper refund before they relented and finally put it all on our valid card. Good luck:)

Archived