Back From The Elation!

lemontea_zer

lemontea zer-

have a few questions concerning the Elation and your ports. When you took the tour to Reef Club, did you basically do this on your own and not a shore excurion through Carnival? If so, was there a ticket booth type place when you got off the ship?

Also, what is self assist? This must be something fairly new, of course my luck, this has probably been discussed over and over on this board:)

Thanks for your help-

The Reef Club is not offered thru the ship, it is offered at the market where the shuttle drops you off. There are guides there offering several different tours, just ask one about it. Their booth was right inside the gate.

The self assist is where you take your own luggage off the ship, otherwise you have to put your luggage outside your cabin door the night before debarkation. They pick it up for you and have it inside the terminal for you to get, it is grouped by your colored deck ID tag. You have to find all your pieces within the group and also wait to leave the ship until your color tag is called to customs. With self assist you are one of the first groups called otherwise I'm not sure how long the process takes. Our flight was to leave at 2:00pm, so we wanted to give ourselves plenty of time to get to the Houston airport.;)

Prairie Girl - we were on Elation 4/10/05 - had a great time

We stayed at La Quinta for $89.00 and the room was fine. The hotel is located across from the water and we had no problems finding the Cruise Ship...

Hi Lemonteazer . . . . . just wondering what hotel you chose for your stay in Galveston . . . . and how it was. Thanks!

We stayed at the Days Inn ($62-I think).....would not reccomend it. Everything else was full and we were looking for somewhere that did not cost us a fortune for 1 night. It was run down, not real clean and furniture was battered. It was not on the beach, but it was close by.

Are there still some of you out there looking for the caper info?

Thanks, I got those, very clear to read and helpful. I was hoping you might be posting the rest and the capers from your message.

Thanks a million!

djk

We booked our room at La Quinta also. How was the hotel? Nice, clean, good view of the ocean? What is across the street from the hotel? Just water?

Regarding the 5 adults in our room, the fifth person who will be using the cost is my sister and she is only 4'10" tall.

Thanks, I got those, very clear to read and helpful. I was hoping you might be posting the rest and the capers from your message.

Thanks a million!

djk

Is there something specific you are looking for in the capers? The page that gives the whole days layout/times is a little different each day, but I can't say if the schedule changes from week to week. (I would think it does)

Capers? I'm not really looking for anything specific, just enjoy seeing them. Thanks! Do you have the excursion price list that you could post?

LynnA - I'd love to see those photos.....they link didn't show up.

djk

Capers? I'm not really looking for anything specific, just enjoy seeing them. Thanks! Do you have the excursion price list that you could post?

LynnA - I'd love to see those photos.....they link didn't show up.

djk

I don't know why? I tried it and it worked?

There is nothing on the post to click on to see the photos. At least not on my computer.

What did ya did at each port last year, what are you planning this year?

Thanks,

djk

There is nothing on the post to click on to see the photos. At least not on my computer.

What did ya did at each port last year, what are you planning this year?

Thanks,

djk

Here is the actual link, http://community.webshots.com/album/313154446EwUNTE

Progresso, we went on a bus around town and ended up at the beach. We went across the street and ate lunch at a great open air restaurant then went to the market area. Its where they let you off the bus at the pier.

Belize, we went to Rose Hall. It was ok. It is supposed to be haunted, some lady killed several husbands and slaves there.

Cozumel, We always go shopping and then to Carlos and Charlies. Cozumel is always my favorite. In Cozumel you can shop, go to the other side of the island for some great swimming or diving, great food and lots of partying.

We booked our room at La Quinta also. How was the hotel? Nice, clean, good view of the ocean? What is across the street from the hotel? Just water?

Regarding the 5 adults in our room, the fifth person who will be using the cost is my sister and she is only 4'10" tall.

We had a view of the water but was not at the hotel long enough to enjoy it. Came in late the night before (we went to see the Astros play) and left fairly early the next morning. The room was clean and they have cont-breakfast.

Across the street from the hotel is the water and a fishing pier. There is a Walmart down the street for those last minute items.

If there are any more questions, I'll be happy to answer. :)

Archived