Booking the Manatee Encounter at Chankanaab

Debbie42467

I want to book the 11 o'clock CST manatee encounter at Chankanaab. My ship is scheduled to arrive in Cozumel at 10 am EST. This gives me 2 hours. Will I make it in time or should I book the next encounter at 2 pm CST?

I emailed this question to dolphindiscovery, but I haven't heard back from them.

Thanks,

Debbie

:)

Where Carnival docks is about 4 miles from Chankanaab. It is the closest dock to the park. You should be fine. You have to be there 30 minutes ahead of time supposedly for instructions, but we had people getting there much closer to the actual swim time when we did the sea lion swim. Please post how you liked it. My son wants to do the manatee swim in June.

• 3 weeks later...
Where Carnival docks is about 4 miles from Chankanaab. It is the closest dock to the park. You should be fine. You have to be there 30 minutes ahead of time supposedly for instructions, but we had people getting there much closer to the actual swim time when we did the sea lion swim. Please post how you liked it. My son wants to do the manatee swim in June.

Our ship had a "problem" and we weren't allow to disbark on time. When we were finally allowed to disbark, we ran thought the gift shop and caught a taxi. We arrived exactly on time, but there was a "problem" with the person in front of the check-in line. By the time I made it to the front of the line, we were 10 minutes late. Fortunately they told me that there would be another encounter in 50 minutes. The sea was very rough, all the water activities on our cruise was cancelled. When the encounter was called, there were only 4 of us total. :) Happy Happy The photographer and trainer allowed us to use our own camera as long as it was waterproof. The encounter I was suppose to be on was still in the water. It was a group of 25-30. We had the manatee to ourselves. The water was very rough. When we kissed and lift the manatee they had another person in the water to hold us back because of the waves. The encounter was awesome! After they took their photos we had the manatee all to ourselves. We feed, touched, and hug the manatee. The trainer answered any questions we had and turned the manatee on his back and showed us his mouth and finger nails. However it was somewhat difficult because we had to hold on the railing behind us with one hand (because of the waves). We were in the water for a good 20 minutes. I loved every minute and would do it again.

Afterwards we were planning to snorkel, but decided not to because of the rough waves.

Oh the photographer stopped us on the way out to show us our photos. I have to say that I really liked some of pics. I told her that the prices were outrageous. $30 for a 4X6 and CD $119. She dropped the CD price to $100 then $89 then $79 and then $60. I really would of bought it if I had the money, but I didn't bring my credit card or $60 extra dollars. So if you are interested in the CD negotiate the price.

I haven't posted photos in awhile and hope I still remember how.

100_0888.jpg

100_0879.jpg

100_0880.jpg

100_0911.jpg

Debbie

Archived