Snorkel in Nassau... Chance to see sharks?

LWKCTPBLRE

First family vacation in years.... My 16 year old daughter saw a snorkel excursion that stops at three places. The first was a shallow area for beginners, 2nd had the possibility of seeing a "shipwreck" and the third stop was optional.... To see and swim above sharks. Now that I have booked and paid for our cruise, this particular excursion does not seem to be available through Carnival. Is anyone familiar wit this snorkel trip? I would love to be able to find this through another company. Recommendations? (Nassau, April, carnival fascination).

First family vacation in years.... My 16 year old daughter saw a snorkel excursion that stops at three places. The first was a shallow area for beginners, 2nd had the possibility of seeing a "shipwreck" and the third stop was optional.... To see and swim above sharks. Now that I have booked and paid for our cruise, this particular excursion does not seem to be available through Carnival. Is anyone familiar wit this snorkel trip? I would love to be able to find this through another company. Recommendations? (Nassau, April, carnival fascination).

This is only available thru the tour operator at www.stuartcove.com

The timing can be an issue. This company is located on the opposite end of the island and their pick up van does NOT wait for you to get off the ship if you are running late.

Hubby and I were interested in this excursion and contacted Staurts cove. They responded and said that due to the time that the ship was in port that they cannot gurantee we would make it back in time. It custs it close within minutes so as much as we wanted to do it, too big of a risk for us!

Hubby and I were interested in this excursion and contacted Staurts cove. They responded and said that due to the time that the ship was in port that they cannot gurantee we would make it back in time. It custs it close within minutes so as much as we wanted to do it, too big of a risk for us!

That is a bummer. You could go over to Atlantis and do the Helmet Dive with the sharks there...not the same but you get in the water with sharks...and I have seen this and they actually are pretty curious and get pretty close to check you out...I would LOVE to do it but everyone else in my family are WIMPS!

That is a bummer. You could go over to Atlantis and do the Helmet Dive with the sharks there...not the same but you get in the water with sharks...and I have seen this and they actually are pretty curious and get pretty close to check you out...I would LOVE to do it but everyone else in my family are WIMPS!

YIKES! :eek:

This Dive is in theaquarium tank.. not in the ocean.

The only dive in the wild is with stuart cove.

I book the same excursion in Nassau in May. Taking the Miracle round trip NYC. We booked the cruise from TA by using Americanexpress CC and got $75 credit for shore excursion, so I use it for this excrusion. I don't know anything about the company or anything, just booked. Now I wondering if anyone did this excursion before..

same here & was very excited to try it. Maybe next time

Archived