SCENIC RAIL TO SPENCER GLACIER & FLOAT TRIP anyone?

hcf

Has anyone booked the SCENIC RAIL TO SPENCER GLACIER & FLOAT TRIP in Whittier with NCL? I am confused by the time the trip ends (5:30pm) and the time the Dream will leave the port (5:00pm). From what I had heard from the Alaska Railroad, NCL will have its own coach pulled by the ARR engine on its regular run at 12:30 and will end up at Spencer Lake for the raft float with the other folks signed up with other local vendors. A coach will carry the passengers back to the ship after the float - but at what time?

Budget Queen, what do you know about this trip offered by the railroad company and other vendors? :confused:

Are you coming into Whittier? Spencer Glacier is a short train ride from there. Haven't done the float trip there. From the website, the train arrives back in Whittier at 6:45pm. NCL does not have their own rail cars, unless new this year?? they will contract an ARR car. The timing is off??? So verify this tour directly with NCL.

This is the first year that the NCL Dream is doing Whittier and Seward as a port of call so I'm sure there is a little fining tuning to be done. 5:00pm is very early for a departure time out of Whittier esp since they don't depart Seward till midnight according to the schedule I have.

Archived