HAL Westerdam

crewcox

Two issues that I see: first this is a handicapped cabin, so unless you need that kind of cabin you should not book it. Second, more to the point, it is as far forward as you can get on the Westerdam and so may be subject to a lot of movement in moderate to rough seas (again this is a personal observation and may not apply to you).

Anyone had VA 6003? We have 3 people assigned for June

I have photos from her sister ship Noordam of VA 6004, which should be almost a duplicate of Westerdam VA 6003. Both are Handicapped staterooms and will have more space than the normal staterooms, but will also have many differences such as, roll in shower, may have one less chair to sit on, may have a ship support structure pole in the middle of the room. And will be on the opposite side of the ship.

If you are not Handicapped, I would ask that this far out, please try to book a room that is not Handicapped and would fit your needs much better. Most able bodied people are upset when they book for the spaciousness of these staterooms, only to discover the lack of normal amenities like a tub, that extra chair, etc... It usually comes as a shock to them....

You can see photos and comments of Noordam 6004 here http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/Deck-6.html

Joanie

Archived